Martial Arts Movie

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Hi guys,

I'm looking for the name to an old martial arts movie. Time frame roughly in the 1980s. Two main protagonists, one I believe is american, are in china or someplace like that and are trained in the martial arts by a man. They are training to stop the antagonist and keep their identities safe by wearing animal inspired masks like goat face and so forth.

One of the training scenes I remember is the two men have to run up a mountain but need to run so fast they keep a hat pressed to their chests without holding onto it. When they're good enough they are given coloured uniforms I think it's purple and blue but might be wrong. It all ends in a showdown against one super bad fighter.

Hope you can help
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

I'm not sure agbout the other elements, but the colored uniforms (red and blue, in this case) sound a lot like Double Dragon, a horrendous film based on a video game.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Sakura Killers (1987)

This has to be the movie, I can't imagine there are two movies with training scenes where they have to keep straw hats pressed against their chest. Looks like a classic American Martial Arts cheesy great movie, I've gotta check this out.

Only way I know about the training scenes is from this site. http://www.fast-rewind.com/sakura.htm