Sitcom movies

Tools    

Should there be some sitcoms turned into movies. Like, the Simpsons, Drew Cary, Friends or something like that. I would definately like to RENT a Drew Cary movie based on the show. (i'll probably get slammed for that)
And found he was eating his shoe.

Didn't see it.
I don't think so. I think most of the SNL skits turned into movies weren't that great.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by jamesglewisf
I don't think so. I think most of the SNL skits turned into movies weren't that great.
Thats true, Ladies Man or A Night at the Roxbury weren't good at all, but I loved the Wayne's World movies.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Hmm... sitcom movies? Let's see...

1. I myself, for some strange, very unknown reason, would like to see the best and classic TV sitcom ever, Seinfeld brought to the big screen. But that can never be done. How could one ever make a movie about... well, nothing?

2. Friends might actually stand a chance if brought to the theaters.

That's all I can really think of. I really can't see much of any other sitcom being turned into a movie. Is it just me or is it hard to find answers to a thread such as this one?

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Home Improvement would make a great movie. It could pick up a few years after the TV show ended, with Tim still missing his tool show, Jill giving bad advice as a shrink, and (of course) lots of explosions from home projects gone wrong!

I don't think the format of a sitcom would make for a very good movie at all, b/c usually there isn't some ongoing story line, its just a bunch of self contained stories. The only show I could see making a movie out of would be Seinfield b/c you could pick up where the series left off and get them out of jail or something, and even that is a weak premise for a movie.

Holy bombs make holy holes...
I really have a hard time picturing sitcoms as movies. Making a movie based on Alias would be one thing but Friends? I just don't think so.
Dennis: Oh king, eh, very nice. And how'd you get that eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
Woman: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

-The Holy Grail

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Thats true, Ladies Man or A Night at the Roxbury weren't good at all, but I loved the Wayne's World movies.
As was Blues Brothers
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Well i know that there will be a Simpsons and Family Guy movie

a simpsons movie would be great but i dont think that a friends movie would be too brilliant. i think that most people are getting bored with friends as on terrestrial they are always repeated over and over again, but if they were to bring out a new series of it then i think that would be really good, but not too sure bout a film.
sorry to all friends lovers
cazz
x

Originally Posted by Hondo333
As was Blues Brothers

Whoa hold on .... I totally 110% disagree. The Blues Brothers is one of the "best" SNL films in history.

I think you're confusing it with Blues Brothers 2000. Now that sucked.

I must become Caligari..!
S*it i f*cked up the wording, I LOVED The Blues Brothers. ,