Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Band of Outsiders (1964) by Jean-Luc Godard

Im looking forward to watching this Godard movie. As far as i remember it should have influenced Pulp Fiction a great deal, which is also a great movie.

Wild Strawberries by Ingmar Bergman (1957)

I actually haven't seen that many Bergman films, which is a thing i really want to change, as he is one of my favorite directors. I have high expectations to Wild Strawberries as it is one of his more critically acclaimed films.

Unregistered User

Rosemary's Baby

Im gonna give this a rewatch tonight. As part of the 'apartment trilogy' i rate it last, behind Repulsion and The Tenant but we'll see.

Rosemary's Baby

Im gonna give this a rewatch tonight. As part of the 'apartment trilogy' i rate it last, behind Repulsion and The Tenant but we'll see.
Its my favorite Polanski movie and imo a stonecold masterpiece, i hope you enjoy!

I really need to se Cul-de-sac and Tess though.

Last night I watched " Enemy at the gates " this movie make at the original story between Russia and Germany of the great war. You must watch this movie

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I know most people think this is crap; I'm trying it because I've liked everything I've seen with Ryan Gosling in-

Watching it because it's starring Gosling = why so many people were disappointed with it.

Then again, I watch films I wouldn't watch if it wasn't Fassbender in them.

Glorious movie streak you've been on for quite a long time now, TokeZa.

I have so many interesting and potentially great films ready to watch I don't know what to begin with, but let it be that way:

A Cruel Romance

Gonna watch this Soviet gem!

Why Has Bodhi-Dharma Left for the East

Yet another obscure gem. It's said to be like Kim Ki-Duk's Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring, only better. We will see...

Carrie

De Palma's version obviously. I really love the director and want to discover his other films (still haven't seen Scarface or Untouchables).
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Band of Outsiders (1964) by Jean-Luc Godard

Im looking forward to watching this Godard movie. As far as i remember it should have influenced Pulp Fiction a great deal, which is also a great movie.
Not in the slightest.

Glorious movie streak you've been on for quite a long time now, TokeZa.
Ha Ha, well i have been trying to plan my movie watching a bit better

I dont think i have ever watched so many good movies in a row, but it might go out the window this week or next week. Im attending the Copenhagen Architecture and Film Festival this week and CPH : PIX next week. So im going to watch and discover a lot of new stuff which can be fun as well.

My plan is to see stuff like Ten Skies by James Benning, The Red Desert by Antonioni, Taste of Cherry by Kiarostami. The new Tsai Ming-Liang, Koreeda, Porumboiu, Caballero, Miyazaki and Lav Diaz. I love attending film festivals

Not in the slightest.
Well you must recognize that their production company, who had Pulp Fiction as their first release, was named after Band of Outsiders...

Also some critics actually compare Godard and Tarantino due to their love for B-movies, which they reuse / recycle and make into a new kind of movie.

But yeah its not like im comparing Band of Outsiders with Pulp Fiction like Kill Bill is a remake of Lady Snowblood.

At least you can say that Tarantino acknowledges the work of Jean-Luc Godard

'While I say I've outgrown [French New Wave filmmaker Jean-Luc] Godard, I haven't outgrown Pauline Kael's reviews of Godard. The most influential piece of film criticism which applied to my aesthetic, which applied to me—I was very young—I remember reading it at Philippe’s, that French sandwich place … I’m reading her review of Band of Outsiders, also known as Bande à part, which I named my own company after—she’s reviewing Godard’s movie and she says, ‘It’s as if a couple of movie-crazy young Frenchmen were in a coffee house and they’ve taken a banal American crime novel and they’re making a movie out of it based not on the novel but on the poetry that they read between the lines.’ And when I read that I said, ‘That’s my aesthetic! That’s what I want to do! That’s what I want to achieve!’

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
'While I say I've outgrown [French New Wave filmmaker Jean-Luc] Godard, I haven't outgrown Pauline Kael's reviews of Godard. The most influential piece of film criticism which applied to my aesthetic, which applied to me—I was very young—I remember reading it at Philippe’s, that French sandwich place … I’m reading her review of Band of Outsiders, also known as Bande à part, which I named my own company after—she’s reviewing Godard’s movie and she says, ‘It’s as if a couple of movie-crazy young Frenchmen were in a coffee house and they’ve taken a banal American crime novel and they’re making a movie out of it based not on the novel but on the poetry that they read between the lines.’ And when I read that I said, ‘That’s my aesthetic! That’s what I want to do! That’s what I want to achieve!’
Yeah, Tarantino clearly "outgrew" Godard's early 60s films, just like Godard outgrew his 60s films

He never mentioned Godard's early 60s films anywhere. What makes you so sure he was referring to that particular period?