Take 3 years: the year of your birth, the year you consider the best of your life, and the year you consider the worst of your life. Name your favourite movie, music album, book (if you read them) and video game (if you play them) from each respective year, with a short explaination of why you like them.

Let me start:

Birth year: 1999:
Movie: Fight Club (the first movie to make a legitimate positive impact on me as a person)
Album: Tonight the Stars Revolt! By Powerman 5000 (I'm a sucker for theme albums as well as industrial metal)
Game: Planescape Torment (one of the 2, maybe 3 games with legitimately great stories, with an amazing art style to boot)

Best year: 2012:
Movie: The Dark Knight Rises (Tom Hardy's Bane is such an imposing villain. Real shame he has to be overshadowed by Heath Ledger's Joker.)
Album: Land of the Crimson Dawn by Freedom Call (chalk it up to pure nostalgia)
Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (It's just as addicting as people say)

Worst year: 2016:
Movie: ZG80 (You know those movies that, when brought up in conversation, people start quoting for hours? That's ZG80.)
Album: Ghostlights by Avantasia (I'm not the biggest Avantasia fan but this album was perfect. There's so much spirit in every song.)
Game: DOOM (perfect as a retro shooter, perfect as a remake, and perfect as a hodgepodge of heavy metal imagery)