POLL: Who's more annoying?

Tools    

Are there actors you just find annoying?
Arrr! You just want to slap them off the screen!
Who gets on your nerves most?

Feel free to nominate your least-favorites.

Hmmm. I voted and replied to this already, but it seems to have been lost.

Anyway, I nominated Meg Ryan because she doesn't seem to have much depth - to me, she plays a highly similar character in almost all of her movies.

As for Baldwin: I think he's a liberal nut, but he's a solid actor and probably the greatest guest host Saturday Night Live has ever had

Uh.. yeah, I deleted that first one. I wanted to put the word POLL: in the subject line.

Man do I hate Meg Ryan. Oh she's real cute and all but what's with the ditzy far off look she gets? The cover to Disney's Anastasia cartoon has got to be my favorite of all time 'cause they drew her crosseyed and ditzy looking.

Alec Baldwin plays one character all the time! Wheather he's a cop or a serial killer or a priest or whatever. The guy just says his lines and gets paid. He does not act at all. I can't believe you said he's a solid actor. Well I guess since he acts the same in every movie, okay. I did like SNL where he played that Boy Scout leader tho. Lol!

And to be fair, I should say Meg Ryan plays a good hooker and she was good in that movie where she played an Army Captain.

I don't know if he plays the same character...maybe a LITTLE. More likely, he plays a character who is tough in almost every film.

Wanna talk about lack of depth? Tommy Lee Jones plays the SAME D*MN GUY EVERYTIME! He's always a public worker...police, FBI, army, social services, whatever. Harrison Ford must have a dozen movies where something is wrong with his wife in one way or another - but he doesn't lack depth the same way.

I think Jones and Baldwin are at least CAPABLE of playing other roles, we all know that. I can't say the same for Ryan.

I tried to add Tommy Lee Jones for you but it said I couldn't. Feel free to add him to the poll.
I never noticed that about Harrison but you're right! Lol!

That was great! That's the kind of reply I was hoping for in this post. Just go off on whoever gets your goat people. I need more actors/actresses for my poll.

I really wish I could nominate a few myself....except that I may end up working with them someday!

What's simply amazing to me, is that some of the people who become "our stars" are not *great* actors, yet people will continue to go pay $7 or $8 to go see them. We "vote" for our stars by paying our money.

And some of the actors out there who are great, and versatile, can lose public attention (and therefore clout in Hollywood, and then this translates into fewer roles offered, less money, etc.) if they consistently do different or challanging roles. The public overall just does not embrace versatility. They want to see their star be the same everytime they go see them.

Stars like Robert De Niro (who is and has been great for decades now) are the exception, unfortunately, rather than the rule.

"God, Sex & Apple Pie" -- New Movie in Stores Now
Official Website for the independent film God, Sex & Apple Pie

I suppose you're right. It's as if all of acting is one big play, and each character plays their role. Meg Ryan is the ditzy thirty-something with a romantic slant...it's just who she is in the big "play" of Hollywood, and therefore she's just not called upon for much else.

It's tough to break out of that role...Jim Carrey, though, seems to have done it. I believe that after Ace Ventura, he got comedy roles/offers, and little else...as represented by his next handful of movies after that...but then he does The Truman Show, and Man on the Moon - I now believe he has a reputation to do both odd comedy and goofy comedy - he's expanded his role.

But try as they might, some will never make it far. Harrison Ford, as I said, will always have "something wrong with his wife...", he'll have trouble becoming India Jones or Han Solo again...his career has taken a new role as he's gotten older.

Interesting stuff.

Alec's OK -- he's just chosen some bad roles for a while now. I'm tired of Meg's same old act.

Some actresses that really annoy me are Rosie Perez, Minnie Driver, Salma Hayak, Laura Dern.

That's funny about Harrison Ford!

Funny, but true.
  • The Fugitive - his wife is dead.
  • Regarding Henry - he cheats on his wife.
  • What Lies Beneath - don't want to spoil anything, but there's a problem with his wife.
  • Mosquito Coast - his wife is upset with him dragging them all over the place
  • Frantic - his wife is missing the whole movie
  • Patriot Games - terrorists force his wife into a car crash and into the hospital.

Isn't that GREAT?!

Eewww Wosie Perwez is another one that gets on my nerves. It's not her acting so much it's her interwews. Why does she have to tawk dat way? Lol!

Who's Minnie Driver?

Salma Hayak you don't like?
She's..
::covering my mouth and pouring cold water on myself::
Whew! Sorry, had to do that. Family site you know.

All I'll say is...Entrapment Lol!

Entrapment? That's Catherine Zeta-Jones, not Salma Hayek.

Catherine Zeta Jones:
- The Mask of Zorro
- Entrapment
- The Haunting

Salma Hayek:
- Dogma
- Wild Wild West
- From Dusk Til Dawn

You don't know who Minnie Driver is? She starrted opposite Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting and is in the new movie "Beautiful" - run a search for her on IMDB.com

Holy cow!
Check this out!
Open both these Urls in their own window. Then resize the windows so you can see both pics at the same time.

http://us.imdb.com/Gallery?0120891;;9
http://us.imdb.com/Gallery?0120746;;4

It's the same girl! She's like twins or something!
Catherine looks kind of freaked out 'cause there's a rifle pointed at her chest and Salma looks like she's about to hear some bad news, but look at their chins, and foreheads, and noses and cheekbones! Of course Catherine is wearing make-up too and the skin color on the jpgs is different, but they could be twins! Or at least sisters.

Didn't see it.
Harrison Ford didn't have wife troubles in "The Conversation." I don't know how many people have ever seen this one, but it is an excellent spy/thriller movie.

Hmmm... I don't think I saw that one. What was it about?

The most annoying actor in my opinion will always be The Pepsi Girl. After watching many over-played pepsi commercials, then watching Bicentenial Man ... her being in there just didn't work. Every time I see a pepsi commercial with her in it I just want to unplug the TV and throw it out the window.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
That Pespi girl frightens me. I am dead serious. See, there were the first commercials way back when and I was aware she was young and long-haired and supposed to be cute but I didn't really pay any attention to her.

Then, the second round of commercials and I took a good look and freaked -- her eyes are unnaturally pitch black. have you ever looked at them? eyes like that in a cherubic face with gap teeth is really disturbing. I refuse to look at her now and ignore all pepsi commercials.

________
we all know why coke is called coke - so why is pepsi called pepsi?

Didn't see it.
Sorry for the delay. "The Conversation" really starred Gene Hackman. It was directed by Francis Ford Coppola. It also has Robert Duvall, Cindy Williams, and Terri Garr, among others.

Hackman plays a government surveillance expert who becomes involved in a case. It is a really good thriller that explores the morality of privacy. It was one of the best films of the 70's according to Leonard Maltin. I agree with him.

I liked it so much that I bought the video. Then, in anticipation of buying the DVD, I shipped it to some teenager who can watch it next week if he wants.