OMEGA5's top 5 albums

Tools    

Exterminate all rational thought.
5: '][' [[]] [[]] ][, Opiate

4: '][' [[]] [[]] ][, Undertow

3: '][' [[]] [[]] ][, Lateralus

2: '][' [[]] [[]] ][, 10,000 Days

1: '][' [[]] [[]] ][, Ænima

Yes. I'm a huge tool... fan. The list is meant to be a bit humorous, but these are my top 5 albums. I'm just excited for the Opiate reissue tomorrow. Anyone else getting it?

My top 6 favorite pop music albums, I think would be these:

Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)

Unleashed in the East (1979)

Powerslave (1984)

Walls of Jericho (1985)

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

Painkiller (1990)

Note: pop music = popular music, do not mistake for Madonna and similar cr*p. Distinguished from erudite music and film music.

While most pop music that I listen is German (that's it Teutonic Heavy Metal), my top favorites would be the Classical Heavy Metal albums from the British giants Iron Maiden and Judas Priest and the early Helloween effort that sounds like Iron Maiden on steroids instead of their lighter later Power Metal efforts.

And, from what I have listened, I did not like Tool's work. But every man to his taste.

I like Maiden and Priest a bit, never heard Helloween. I do love the artwork on those band's albums. No one does that anymore and it's disappointing!

wintertriangles, are you referring to 10,000 Days and Aenima? What don't you like? I understand a lot of people aren't big fans of 10,000 Days, but Aenima is just... epic.

My real top 5 would look something like this:

5: Rage Against The Machine

4: Alice in Chains, Dirt

3: Nirvana, Nevermind

2: Pink Floyd, The Wall

1: Tool, Aenima

wintertriangles, are you referring to 10,000 Days and Aenima? What don't you like? I understand a lot of people aren't big fans of 10,000 Days, but Aenima is just... epic.
Nah I like those two the most actually, I meant Opiate and Undertow.

ahh, ok, I thought that could be the case too. I do like them as well, but I certainly listen to them the least out of their albums. Undertow is special to me as that was when I first heard them. Sober and Prison Sex are still 2 of their best songs, but the rest of that album is definitely not as good as anything after.