Feedback on site

Tools    

Greetings freaks.

I thought I'd make a couple of comments on the site. One just as a matter of curiousity and the other cos its annoying the heck outta me.

First, vB version you're using is kinda ancient, at least in net time. So how come you haven't updated yet?

Second, the borders are black, including the scroll bar. That annoys me because I can't see it! So I have no idea how long the page is, nor can I see the actual scroll bar itself.

I don't believe the version is really that old at all. You'll notice the version number isn't even listed in the footer, and the one listed on the admin center login page merely hasn't been updated. That said, we're only a few updates behind, and all of them are relatively minor. Besides; I've hacked the living-hell outta this place, and it's not worth losing all that work unless the upgrade is massive. 3.0 is still being tested...none of the releases between now and our last upgrade are really significant enough to justify.

As for the scrollbar; I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. There's more than enough contrast for me to seperate the two easily. Could you post a screenshot to demonstrate, perhaps?

The Adventure Starts Here!
I know what he means about the scrollbar. The basic bar is such a dark gray that it's very tough to see the scrolling part, which is black. And I keep my screen very light and in good contrast.

It's not impossible, though, just annoying.

Thanks Austruck.

At least now I know I'm not going crazy.

Hmm....although these white jackets with overlong sleeves are bound a little too tight.

Originally posted by Lovecraft
Thanks Austruck.

At least now I know I'm not going crazy.

Hmm....although these white jackets with overlong sleeves are bound a little too tight.
How can you be so sure of the source in which you validate yourself against?

We all know she's rather skewed, despite our love for her.