Glossary Suggestion

Tools    

oooooo ...what glossary??? where is there a glossary??

cheers

......how would I get something placed into the glossary ?
What on Earth would you have to add into the glossary?

Admins have the power to add items to the Glossary. We're always open to suggestions, on the board, in the Shoutbox, via email, IM, or PM.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
That isn't an answer to mine.
You are such a b*tch sometimes, man.

My life isn't written very well.
I've got a submission suggestion:

Posterdope ; a member who replies to a post where a senior member has pointed out some feature of the site like the "buddy" option. The posterdope will then, instead of looking for said feature in the obvious places, post an excited reply and act completely lost as to where it might be.

example:

member #1: "I really like the buddy feature on this site."

posterdope: "Wow! a buddy feature! How cool! Where is it?"

member #2: "Right here (insert link)."

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

My life isn't written very well.
Thanks Nais'.

But, after posting that I thought that I may have offended n7, which got me to thinking of another possible entry into the Glossary:

PPS (Post Post Syndrome): An ailment suffered by a member who, in a rather heated discussion, states their opinion on a thread topic and immediatly after posting feels guilty because he/she may have offended somebody. When another member posts a response to the same thread, stating (with quotes) that they are offended by what the previous member said, the offending member apologizes.

example:

member #1: "I think witchcraft is evil and shouldn't be practiced."

member#2: "Well, I practice witchcraft, and I am not evil. Perhaps you should read more about it before you make anymore remarks on the subject."

PPS suffering member#1: "I'm sorry mem#2, I didn't mean to offend you. What sort of witchcraft do you practice?"

Here's another:

Thread-bare: A thread started by a member that is so uninteresting or trivial that it elicits two, or less responses. Also a topic in a thread that can be answered with a single post, usually followed by a Post of Gratitude.

example:

member#1: "Help! Someone please tell me the movie which stars James Caan and Kathy Bates. She's a maniacal fan, he's the object of her fancy. She ends up breaking his ankles."

member #2: "You mean Misery?"

Post of Gratitude by member #1: "Yeah that's it. Thanks."
End of thread.

A novel adaptation.
Originally posted by r3port3r66
Thread-bare: A thread started by a member that is so uninteresting or trivial that it elicits two, or less responses. Also a topic in a thread that can be answered with a single post, usually followed by a Post of Gratitude.
Hey!
CQ was a good film, and it deserved a thread discussing it!

:Sobs quietly in corner:

I like those R66.

They're more complex than the fare that's in there now... see "Me Likey"

Anyways, good stuff.

Admin(S)? Is there more than one?

Mod = can edit posts, move threads, delete threads, stuff like that.

Admin = same, but can also access the control panel, and basically mess with everything to do with the forums, directly, aside from the source code/files themselves. They can also consume 63 hot dogs in a twelve-minute span.

Wow that wickedly awesome, being a Mod is simple, but an Admin sounds scary, i could only handle 3.9 hot dogs at lunch time today! (i threw away the knob of the bun on the fourth hot dog )