What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

It was that one toilet scene that disturbed me from that film. The way he climed into it as messy and sloppy as it looked. That was about it though.

All the Snout...Twice the Ointment.
Okay, when I saw "Seven" in the theater, I left feeling filthy, depressed, slighty nauseated and deeply disturbed. As a grown man, I actually had nightmares about the man tied to the bed with all the pine-tree air fresheners hanging around his house. I also thought about it for days after. Couldn't shake those images out of my head. Here's the kicker: I loved that movie. Simply because it made me feel things. It reminded me I was alive and moved me emotionally. That's what a great movie does for me. Disturbing? Absolutely. Brilliant? Oh, yeah.

I actually had nightmares about the man tied to the bed with all the pine-tree air fresheners hanging around his house. I also thought about it for days after. Couldn't shake those images out of my head. Here's the kicker: I loved that movie.
Loved that film too. Definitely a top 5 favorite of mine. And yes, that scene has haunted me for a long time too. Especially this line by the Doc. "He's experienced about as much pain and suffering as anyone I've encountered, give or take, and he still has Hell to look forward to."

That hooker death was pretty gruesome too even if we only 'know' what happened without the visual violence.

Okay, when I saw "Seven" in the theater, I left feeling filthy, depressed, slighty nauseated and deeply disturbed. As a grown man, I actually had nightmares about the man tied to the bed with all the pine-tree air fresheners hanging around his house. I also thought about it for days after. Couldn't shake those images out of my head. Here's the kicker: I loved that movie. Simply because it made me feel things. It reminded me I was alive and moved me emotionally. That's what a great movie does for me. Disturbing? Absolutely. Brilliant? Oh, yeah.
I know what you mean, mate. Just thinking about these 'seven deadly acts' alone makes me cringe. Felt REALLY sorry for every victim, which rarely happens with me when watch a film. That said, I think I found the 'LUST' act to be the most disturbing. I just don't even think about it. If I think about it, it puts me off my brekkie!

For me the two most disturbing movies I have ever seen were first the original "Chain saw massacre", before a movie starts usually they show cartoons or something like that, before this one they showed an open heart surgery I guess to warm us up.
The second was "Elephant man", because I couldn't stomach the poor fellow that was so disfigured from his abnormality. Then I saw on the news the other day a fellow from I think China where he had lived with his deformity for 30 odd years and was teased and picked on by people growing up. The elephant man had nothing on this poor bastard. Man you don't know how fortunate you are until something like that hits you.

I find it more depressing than Disturbing
A lot of people find it depressing, and I would have to agree that it's an extremely sad film. However, the first time I watched it I was pretty taken aback by some of its horrifying images. Now I just see it as the brilliant three-act tragedy that it is.

Earlier, someone mentioned "A Clockwork Orange". I agree with that one too. Not so much for the violence or the brutal imagery, but for what it made me feel. I hated Malcom McDowell in the beginning of the movie. I mean, HATED. I wondered 'how can I possibly root for this "hero" in this movie'. I wasn't prepared to sacrifice my sense of right and wrong in order to allow this punk to continue to derive pleasure from the pain of others.

Then, after his "treatments", he changed. And so did my feelings for him. I actually felt sorry for him when he returned home and found his parents had replaced him with a "new son". (Plus, they killed his snake. Jeez.) My heart broke for him. This guy, whom I hated so much about about 30 minutes earlier, was suddenly a sympathetic character. I have never seen a film totally make me change my opinion/perception of a character so well and so completely.

By the end of the film, (when he returns to delivering that evil, creepy "smirk" directly into the camera) I felt like the rug had been pulled out from under my feet. He was back to his old self, and I was sufficiently disturbed. More at the thought of what he would do next than what we had already seen. Simply an amazing emotional ride.

For me the two most disturbing movies I have ever seen were first the original "Chain saw massacre", before a movie starts usually they show cartoons or something like that, before this one they showed an open heart surgery I guess to warm us up.
I was let down with that one as I watched it as a 14 year old kid on video. To me it was just a low B grade film. I heard how 'scary' it was supposed to be but it didn't phase me the least.

Has anyone heard of a film called, "White Dog" directed by Sam Fuller? I've never seen it, but I hear it's very disturbing. As I understand it, the film is about a racist man who trains his dog to attack and kill black people. I also hear Fuller's "Shock Corridor" is disturbing. Never seen that one either.

Also, has anyone seen the freak-fest called "Forbidden Zone" directed by Richard Elfman (Danny's brother)? It stars Herve' (Tattoo) Villechaize and is one of the oddest/most disturbing things I have ever seen. It includes a cameo by Danny Elfman as Satan, himself!

Has anyone heard of a film called, "White Dog" directed by Sam Fuller? "Shock Corridor" Also, has anyone seen the freak-fest called "Forbidden Zone" directed by Richard Elfman (Danny's brother)? It stars Herve' (Tattoo) Villechaize and is one of the oddest/most disturbing things I have ever seen. It includes a cameo by Danny Elfman as Satan, himself!
I think I will avoid them Thanks

HBO used to play The Tin Drum late at night when I was in my teens. It's bizarre, weird, disturbing and once you watch it you won't ever forget it. By the way, the actor who plays the protagonist, David Bennent, goes on to play a role (Gump) in Legend alongside Tom Cruise and Tim Curry.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned Cannibal Holocaust yet, but thats a pretty disturbing flick.

1) Event Horizon
2) The Ring
3) Platoon
4) The Mist

Irreversible........This is the one and only film i have ever walked out of half way through, it's nothing more than a piece of exploitative filth. I'm not easily offended by movies by any means, but this was just far too much......no style, no technique just filth.

Irreversible........This is the one and only film i have ever walked out of half way through, it's nothing more than a piece of exploitative filth. I'm not easily offended by movies by any means, but this was just far too much......no style, no technique just filth.
I watched it all the way through but do not want to see it again