Favorite Time to See a Movie

Tools    

A few of my friends and I used to get together on Sunday afternoons to go to lunch and an afternoon matinee. Although I enjoyed the company of my friends, this was a terrible time to go, because I take care of most of my errands on the weekends... and then football season started (an obvious conflict).

I have come to realize that my favorite time to go to the movies is when I take a day off during he week (like a Wednesday) and go see an afternoon movie by myself. No crowd, no distractions, just me, my popcorn, and the flick.

What about you??

friday at midnight.

When I was in high school and a movie was released on Fridays, I would skip school and hit the theater. I remember skipping for Ghost, Top Gun, Pretty Woman, and Dirty Dancing...lol. That may explain why I now skip work constantly to catch a new flick...like What Women Want on Friday. I would love a movie theater that was open all night so I could catch films when nobody else was there. I would much rather see a film with a friend in an empty theater than one that was packed with people and screaming kids.

It's tough to go on Sundays because it's either football or NASCAR season. What I need is a movie about football and NASCAR that shows at 3am on a Friday night.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea I'm going to have to agree with Laurie, I still am in high school, and will leave school to see a movie the day its released. It's fun.

Didn't see it.
Yeah. My favorite time is an afternoon when nobody else is there. I don't work Friday afternoons, and the theaters are pretty empty then. But sometimes its nice to have a large crowd. Audience reaction can add to the enjoyment factor.

I'm surprised more people don't feel the same way as you, James. I for one am not against seeing one myself, but would rather see it with a lot of people. I'm more likely to laugh myself if others do.

Come to think of it, I'm finding it difficult to think of an occasion where I would enjoy a movie more sitting by myself, or with nearly no one else...nothing comes to mind.

And yes - for me it's one big experience. The popcorn and the butter are all part of it. I always miss some of it - I *ALWAYS* have to use the bathroom, because I take in a whole large diet soda. Sometimes twice in the same movie...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
There are a few movies I would of like to have seen in an empty theater. The Exorcist, Event Horizon, and The Shinning come to mind........

My favorite time to see a movie would be during the weekend.

When I have enough time....in a dark place by myself.

Er... Tuesday is student night... so it's cheaper .

I usually like to go the second last day I work or on the last day I work that week. I can usually enjoy the movie alot more if I know I don't have to work the next day. As for the crowd, sometimes it's nice when the theatre is full and other times it's nice when there is very few people there. I don't mind going by myself at times either.

Currently away from the boards.
Between 7pm and 11pm, I think. I like to walk away from the theatre when it's darker than when I got in. When I'm at home, it doesn't really matter, but after 7pm or so it's the best time to watch movies on tv.

Bad Morther****er
Midnight movies are the best. But not the midnight premire. I mean A movies you've seen before, and love at midnight. The theater I usally go to only offers those movies on Friday and Saturday night, so I guess that's the best time.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

There are those who call me...Tim.
Not sure if this counts but my favourite time to see movies is at Christmas. There's a huge shopping precinct near my nearest UCI and they have the christmas lights on, the big tree, cheesy christmas music, and it's usually quite dark by the time we go through there to get to the cinema and it looks great.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
my fave time is at night on a weekday, not sure why- i think coz most people i dont like from my school will go on the weekend, so they wont disturb me on a weekday when im with my boyfriend. I can watch my movie in peace and my boyf can spend time with his girl. Or late on sunday night, before i have to go back to school.

http://www.wantposters.com/movies/
definitely on like a rainy tuesday when i vanish from work for a few hours and sit in the theater and enjoy a mindless flick. definitely.
-jen

i like to get out of the theater about half an hour before sundown, but at home, i like to watch them at 9ish