Most Boring Movie

Tools    

I normally like Hitchcock (I like Dial M for Murder, too). I don't know why I didn't care for Vertigo.

Has anyone ever seen "Babettes Feast"? This one is pure sominex.

Oh also, I don't know what Sominex is, but it's not in the dictionary - is it some kind of sleeping pil?

And yes, my parents OWN "Babettes Feast" - I havn't seen it, and probably won't! Sure doesn't look very good.

Hey,
I didn't know this thread was here. Phantom Menace was very dissapointing. Sorry TWT. The pod racer part I liked, the rest nah.

Yikes! I gotta go!

Yes. Sominex is a sleeping pill. It is dangerous when mixed with other sleep-inducers such as Phantom Menace. LOL!

Sominex is over the counter sleeping pills. Babettes Feast makes the Piano look like Die Hard.

I went to see Dudley Doright at the theatre with my friend and her 3 kids and we sat in the back. We all fell asleep within about 20 minutes and didn't wake up til the lights came on again. It was pretty funny. One of the kids woke me up and told me the movie was over and my friend and the rest of the kids were asleep. I had to wake them up. One of the kids was saying "mamma, did we see a movie?" Lol.

hahahaaa, i've never fallen asleep during a movie, i don't go to movies too much, unless it's really good or i have a free coupon! I never saw dudley doright or whatever, didn't get very good reviews.

-Brian

The most BORING movie I have EVER seen is "The Joy Luck Club". That movie was so uneven and dull... some characters were developed, some weren't.

Also, I was not exactly a fan of "Evening Star", the sequel to "Terms of Endearment".... that movie made me think that Shirley McClaine needs some extra cash to join Dionnne's Psychic Friends network...

Tron.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Woah there tiger. Tron was a cool movie. OK, maybe not so much COOL, but it wasn't really boring.

Well, they're doing a re-make of sorts in awhile - I heard the movie was okay, but not great. The new version will rely on computer graphics heavily, no doubt.

Originally posted by OG-
Woah there tiger. Tron was a cool movie. OK, maybe not so much COOL, but it wasn't really boring.
Maybe it was because I saw it when I was a little kid. I had a hard time figuring out who the main characters were and I had no idea what was going on.

I'm sorry, but the most boring movie EVER has to be Battlefield Earth. If only it had had a plot, and some action, and good acting, and ...

MovieForums Extra

OK, Tron wasn't that bad (well, at least from what I remember as a kid), and because it is a computer world, it'll be really heavy on the cg side!

As for Battlefield Earth, I didn't even bother seeing that, there are much better things I could do with $7.00!

The Phantom Menace...actually, when I came out from seeing that movie I thought it was watchable, but once I had a look-back I realised how bad it really was! Sorry Commish, by nature I don't like anything with a lot of hype. The hype was there to make people want to see the movie so it could earn more, nothing else

Didn't see it.
I agree about Battlefield Earth being awful. As always, I couldn't stand Phantom Menace.

I have a list:

Final Destination -- silly, stupid, boring.
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace -- see above for reasons.
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me -- not really boring, but very disappointing. Not nearly as funny or inventive as the first one.
Traffic -- Now this movie is some Sominex!
Mission to Mars -- zzzzzz ...
Psycho -- normally Hitchcock is the man, but wtf was this??? I didn't care for this at all.

Hate to say it, but yeah, TRAFFIC was boring! A friend kept nudging me awake because I was snortling through all the Benicio del Toro scenes.

Other Movies Most Dull:
SLEEPY HOLLOW (the decapitations & half exposed bosoms which resembled bouncing Golden Delicious apples were pretty but what do you get after that? hmmm, on the other hand ...)

PHANTOM MENACE
BLAIR WITCH PROJECT
SPHERE
2001 (The Obelisk: I didn't get it! Someone explain to me the meaning of the Obelisk! I told my little brother it was the cosmic representative of the Hershey Bar but he didn't believe me.)
[Edited by Pigsnie on 03-14-2001]

Yeah 2001 is pretty boring. I love the movie but you gotta admit some scenes, especially the middle act was pretty snoozeworthy.

Ben Hur! Oh my god, this was duller than dull. The entire religious preaching tone got old real fast and Heston was awful. And that ending. He cures the lepers! SUCKS!

English Patient. Recorded it off of TV and needed 7 efforts to watch it in entirety. Zzzzzzz.

The Shining. Kubrick was out of his mind making this. Calling it a piece of garbage is insulting to garbage dumps everywhere.

BUT

How can you consider Chariots of Fire boring? The wonderful acting. The best music score ever. And the self-sacrifice at the end. Wow. One of my favourites.

B-bbbbEN HUR is not dull! I like it, although I must admit that whenever I see gun nut Charlton Heston these days, I feel like hitting him on the head with an extra-long flashlight. And Ben Hur did not cure the lepers. They were cleansed by the Holy Rain that fell during Christ's Crucifixion. Chortle.

Uggh, just remembered that awful scene in the middle of 2001 when one of the space station dudes runs around & around & around, forever & ever, unto the end of time, at the Alpha & the Omega ...

PS. And If you think BEN HUR is dull, you should see QUO VADIS.