Bodies (Netflix)

Tools    

This was definitely a Dark lite. Unlike Dark, though, this wasn't great but barely mediocre. Representation seemed more important than the story, and the ending was naively modern and expected. Episodes 1, 7, and 8 were the worst, and the stuff in the middle was the best.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
This was definitely a Dark lite. Unlike Dark, though, this wasn't great but barely mediocre. Representation seemed more important than the story, and the ending was naively modern and expected. Episodes 1, 7, and 8 were the worst, and the stuff in the middle was the best.
We decided to watch e2 of House of Usher 🙄 and e1 of this. We gave up on Bodies about 40 minutes in. In fairness you said e1 was weak and it was an “end of a long day” viewing.

At the same time, I feel like entertainment needs to have a hook at the beginning. A standup set starts with a killer bit. A tv show needs to get me excited, engaged or more. This first ep. did none of that and kind of seemed like a mess.

Thank you! Nothing to add here. Thought exactly that, if anything, it made me miss ‘Dark’ so much I’ll rewatch it. I only gave Bodies a try a few days ago, but I got through much of it, and it sure was a letdown.