241 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Bambi

Bambi and Thumper go wild in Milton Keynes

The Curse of Bambi's eternal stutter

or quite possibly

The original Star Wars 3

Neutral Milk Hotel
Lord of the Rings Babe
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

GJM
Having seen a DTS DVD version that was kicking around a few years ago (probably illegal) I have to say that the original Star Wars Trilogy is my favorite. LOTR probably would have been if the follow-up had played-it went back several times without success.

why r u wearin that stupid man suit
star wars is the best!!!!!yeah!!!lotr is awesome too,but is no match to SW!!!
First of all, Papa smurf didn't create Smurfette.Gargamel did.She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village.But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, well, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are assexual.They don't even have... reproductive organs under those tiny, white pants. It's just so illogical, about being a Smurf, you know? I mean, what's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?

[ Donnie Darko]

I voted for Indiana Jones. That trilogy is perfect. Although I didn't like "Last Crusade" that much, it is still great. I think this trilogy displayed amazing versatility in that each installment in the trilogy takes place in totally different environments, have different plots, and still remian adventurous to the end. Each film never gets old.

Star Wars would have been my second vote.

Although I would have loved to vote for The Godfather Trilogy, Part 3 destroyed it from being great. Don't get me wrong, Part 3 is a good movie. But compared to the Parts 1 and 2, it stinks.

Well i said starwars only because looking at the graundur of this film as well as how well it turned out expecially during its time .. i thinks its a massive accomplishment ..

also would have said indiana jones .. beacuase the trilogy are the best adventure film's ever made ..

also wanted to say dissapointed about the LotR .. yes it was interesting but it dragged on too long .. way too long .. yes they made an epic ... but killed it with duration .

any one who didnt vote for the godfather must have never seen it

It can't rain all the time
Originally Posted by jumpin_joe
any one who didnt vote for the godfather must have never seen it
Or, they have, and thought although the first two films were two of the greates ever made, the third film stopped it being the greatest ever trilogy.

I would be inclined to suggest that anyone who did vote for The Matrix must not have seen the sequels.

I really can't believe Lord of the Rings beat out Star Wars

have no fear, CPMan is here..
LOTR trilogy!!!

The weakness of the third installment doesn't change the fact that The Godfather and The Godfather Part II are the only timeless films on the whole list.

Movie Forums Member
The Godfather Trilogy... people constantly say the third one lacked, and it was the weakest, but it is still a pretty great movie.

Read this and you are a nosey Kont
Best book trilogy:

Autumn.
Autumn: The City.
Autumn: Purification.

Written by David Moody.

Best Movie trilogy:

Indiana Jones.
Back To The Future.

I went with The LOTR, but the Godfather made it very hard for me to choose.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Went with Star Wars, but if Spider-Man 3 is as good as the first two, that's the new best trilogy...

Or do Superman, Superman II, and Superman Returns count as a trilogy? Cause I like those better than Star Wars.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
The Lord of the Rings clearly...

Wuv,tru wuv will forrow you forevah
Originally Posted by Mr_King
The Lord of the Rings clearly...

I most certainly agree

LOTR was a good one

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy wins easily but the X-Men trilogy deserves more respect. The X-Men films certainly beat the likes of The Matrix movies.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I voted for the Godfather trilogy, but the best trilogy I know of is a swedish documentary trilogy called "The Mods Trilogy" by Stefan Jarl. It's perhaps disqualified here since it's not (entirely) fiction. Just as with the third Godfather part, the last film of this trilogy is not on par with the first two films but, man, are those two films great.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.