Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I was just about to go to bed, but my wife is putting this on, not realizing she's already watched it with me twice-

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)

I'm not old, you're just 12.

Cool World - Okay, this movie is terrible, but it's a really watchable sort of terrible. The film is clearly not finished. There's some really obvious pencil test animations on screen, the story was meant to be rated R but was rewritten during filming to accommodate the film's star, Kim Basinger, and some sequences are fully animated, while others are filmed on really cheap looking sets. But the animation for Basinger's character, Holli Would, is fantastic, up there with Disney quality on half their budget, and the basic plot of the film is amusing. None of it works, but it's fascinating. Ralph Bakshi, the film's director, was so disgusted by his treatment by the producers that he never made another film to this day.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Lord High Filmquisitor
Rewatching Guardians of the Galaxy with my sister (& co).

Let's talk about Kevin tonight...
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what." - Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005

Slacker (1991) by Richard Linklater

As far as i remember this bluedeed's favorite Linklater film, so this should be good. On the whole im a bit ambivalent towards Linklater. The Before trilogy is cinematic magic, but the rest i have seen has either been bad or so-so.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
Blade Runner (Final Cut) 1982 - Ridley Scott

I saw the film like 5 years ago, so I barely remember anything, just a few things. I just know this will be awesome!

I bought the Criterion for the two films a long time ago, it's nasty weather outside so I think I'll finally watch part one.

Adding another one to the list of movies tonight. Don't mind me; these additions just spontaneously come about, depending on the kind of mood I have and the kind of movies I feel like watching today.

Master of My Domain
Yay a movie about one of my favorite childhood books

Foxcatcher (2014) - Bennett Miller