Mystery Science Theater 3000

Tools    

Rock God
is there anyone here who is a fan of mst3k? i thought it was one of the most well-written, clever, and all around funny shows on the air, and although it had a nice long run, got cancelled too soon. i miss it a lot, and i know this probably shouldn't even be in the movie forum, i just wanted to know if any misties out there had a clue when re-runs might be airing.

This is the greatest show ever made.

Rock God
thanks for posting. when was the last time you saw the show? (please, please, please tell me it's still on tv somewhere)

It's still on the SciFi channel on Saturday mornings (though not all Saturday mornings). Unfortunately, they only play reruns since there are no new ones produced (and they only show seasons 8, 9 and 10 because that's all SciFi has the rights to), but it is still on the air (or was last Saturday anyway).

I loved the show. Unfortunately, I came to it very late. We didn't have Comedy Central where I lived, so I didn't see any of those shows. I didn't see an MST3K until they went to SciFi (the first one I saw was "The Mole People" with John Agar). It's an hilarious show. I've managed to see some of the older episodes that are available on tape (and, of course, there are many people on the 'net who will gladly sell copies of other episodes, too). Always funny.

Rock God
ok, thanks. i have been jonesin' for that show so damn bad. i, too, came to the show late but now as late as you. for me, i started watching while it was still on comedy central, but i got into it about the same time mike started hosting. sadly, i never became familiar with the joel episodes, but at least i can console myself with the last few seasons, if i can find it. by the way, i read part of your script, and it sounds pretty good. good luck.

I've moved this thread to the Intermission forum. Oh, and yes, this is one of the funniest shows in existence. I remember reading some critic's writings...he hated the show. I hated him as a result. The movie was hilarious, too. We own it, thankfully.

Rock God
hey, it's cool you posted. sometimes i worry this show doesn't get the recognition it deserves. truly a hilarious show. i hope i can see it this saturday. by the way, twt, i hate know-it-all critics too.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I try to watch this show ever week with my friends. It's the best watching it with friend. They arn't making anymore new episodes, it got cancelled, but reruns are on alot on the Sci Fi channel.

Rock God
ok, i just found the schedule online, and apparently it's on saturdays at 10. yes! thanks for posting everybody.

Has anyone checked out the MST3K DVDs? I'm in Scotland and was considering importing them from the US. I'm a massive fan of the show.

Rock God
if there's another mst3k movie in the works, let me know! holy crap, that would be awesome! it's probably not gonna happen, though.

Rock God
also, while i'm posting, does anyone have a favorite episode? personally, i can't pick, but i just saw "the final sacrifice" this weekend, and laughed my *** off after forgetting all about it. god bless reruns.....

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I watched that one too.

Best episode ever has got to be "Time Chasers". I have never laughed so hard at people making jokes about movies in my life. Me and my friend Jeff were crying. It was so damn funny.

Rock God
yes! time chasers was awesome. my favorite part was the dorky scifi lingo, cause i hate that crap in movies. the whole thing with flav-o-fives (chips) and "doppling"... that episode about mad me piss myself.

Rock God
i liked Diabolik, too. did anyone notice that the Beastie Boys parodied that very movie in their Body Movin' video? that was freakin' sweet.

Rock God
oops, i was thinking of overdrawn at the memory bank. my bad. that was on this weekend, by the way.