Best old action star films

Tools    

i saw the expendables not to long ago and made me wonder, what were my favorite old action stars in their movies which made them cool.

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Obviously Terminator 1 + 2

Jean Claude Van Damme - Universal solider or Double Impact, I liked him in both roles

Steven Seagal - Marked for Death and Under Seige, some good classic actions scenes in both

Sylvester Stallone - Cobra and Cliffhanger - Of course rocky and rambo are better but these to films I could watch over and over.

Definitely Mel Gibson as Mad Max. Any movie from the trilogy really...
(but my favorite is the road warrior, by far) :]]

Edit: I think I misunderstood the topic, but I'll still leave this here.

Definitely Mel Gibson as Mad Max. Any movie from the trilogy really...
(but my favorite is the road warrior, by far) :]]

Edit: I think I misunderstood the topic, but I'll still leave this here.
No you got it right, it is more so now washed up actions stars what made them famous and yeah mad max is definatley one of them.

Mel Gibson is definitely an action star.... even more than Bruce Willis in fact..

Let's not forget how deadly how deadly he was in the Lethal Weapon series.. & Mad Max was some crazy stuff... Then he was in Air America, Attack Force Z, Conspiracy Theory, etc..

Clint Eastwood...need I say more!

Awhhh man, c'mon. I liked Gran Torino.

Gunga Din
1939, George Stevens
The Crimson Pirate
1952, Robert Siodmak
Captain Blood
1935, Michael Curtiz
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Awhhh man, c'mon. I liked Gran Torino.

I agree, i dont think clint eastwood is washed up and doing B grade movies now

No, I was saying that Clint still has his s**t together. When he did Unforgiven, he would of already past 50, at least? Maybe even 60....I've gotta check I suppose?

No, I was saying that Clint still has his s**t together. When he did Unforgiven, he would of already past 50, at least? Maybe even 60....I've gotta check I suppose?

Clint was sixty-two when Unforgiven was released. Seventy-eight for Gran Torino.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	UnforgivenPIGS.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	6810  

I haven't seen a lots but Troy is my favorite I know its not too old but I like this movie a lots.........

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
Dolph Lundgren in The Punisher (MUCH better movie than it's remake), Universal Soldier, Showdown In Little Tokyo, BlackJack, The Minion.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Captain Blood
1935, Michael Curtiz
I find it funny that the 80's is considered "old" now, and that for whatever reason people think the action genre began with James Bond.

I'll thrown in:
The Sea Hawk (1940)
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
They Died with Their Boots On (1941)

Errol Flynn has no equal.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Let's be honest, the "action" movies from the 30s and 40s do not match the standards set by Arnie and Sly in the late 70s and most of the 80s. Throw in Willis and JCVD and you have a generation of action stars who were still great going into the 90s.

Ever since Arnie's retirement and Sly's missteps, Hollywood has been looking for new action stars and found absolutely nobody. Arnie's return this year and Sly's comeback with Rocky Balboa was far more anticipated than anything Vin Diesel and The Rock have done in recent years.

No one mentioned John Wayne, but I agree with all of the above. To go way back, the best for action comedy was Harold Lloyd. The stunts he did were unbelievable.