Mystery Science Theater 3000

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
I was totally board with all the recent threads so I scrolled all the way down and found this little gem.I started watchig MST3000 when it was the original guy,what's his name again?Tom?Anyhoo,Crow was my favorite.Once they were doing this old movie about this brain that attacks people and Crow stops making comments all the sudden so the others ask what's wrong and Crow says(in that cute voice)"I don't have a brain to make fun of...or a womb."My fav.movie they did was the Attack of the 50ft.Woman.-Oh-and all the ones with that little chinese boy that could call the "nice"monster and every time the kid talked they'd say SHUT UP!I miss it.:bawl:

Joel. The original guy was Joel.

Now With Moveable Parts
Ah yes,Joel.Thanks.

Rock God
sadesdrk likes mst3k! that's awesome. a couple weeks ago, they reran the girl in the gold boots. does anyone remember that one? crow tries to enact revenge on mike a la the character in the movie by making him pour beer on something he likes... mike's favorite object: a beer stein. that episode was funny from the front to the back. and critter singing with his acoustic guitar made me cringe. i'm laughing just thinking about it.

Now With Moveable Parts
I seriosly can't even think of mst3000 without laughing my @#$%&!off.It was such clever writing I don't know how it ever got cancelled.My theory is that it was just over most peoples heads.Either that or some people thought it was like disrespectfull to those horrible old movies.i don't know.BrodieMan-I don't think I saw the Gold Boots one.Where are you catching the re-runs?

Rock God
sadesdrk-
the reason i started this thread is because i wanted to know when and if reruns are being broadcast on scifi. apparently, the are running saturdays at 10 in the morning. i hate getting up but it's worth it. i agree with the writing on that show tending to go over people's heads. i have been a fan since the comedy central days, but like i said, i missed out on the joel years. that show was so incredibly funny and clever. i loved everything about it. it was so sorely missed. oh, well. the reruns are better than nothing at all. i love your taste, by the way. i've only met a couple people here and there that have even heard of that show.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Oh by the way, they start at 9 now.

Rock God
thanks i was just about to say they moved it, but OG beat me to it. and there's a week this month they're gonna be doin some star trek thing, so check it out before you watch it.
http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/
have fun

Now With Moveable Parts
Sweet...I'm so there.Thanks boys.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I seriosly can't even think of mst3000 without laughing my @#$%&!off.It was such clever writing I don't know how it ever got cancelled.My theory is that it was just over most peoples heads.Either that or some people thought it was like disrespectfull to those horrible old movies.i don't know.BrodieMan-I don't think I saw the Gold Boots one.Where are you catching the re-runs?
I think it as much that Best Brains didn't want to do it anymore. It was on the air a long time. Eventually, one just wants to do something different than hang out with puppets and crack wise about bad movies (even though it saddens the rest of us that there aren't any new ones being made).

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I've been renting the series on Netflix recently.

I was pissed when Joel was replaced by Mike back in the day.

But after watching these again, I like Mike way more than Joel.

I viewed The Crawling Hand last night as an example.

Most us the jokes are like let's give the little lady a hand.

Then show the hand strangulating a woman.

Trying to create humor out of common phrase is not funny to me.

I go back and forth on those types of jokes. Obviously they're intentionally hammy, so I don't mind most of them. I don't notice them often, though.

Anyway, still love this show, even though it's gone. Lots of old archives I've still yet to get to.

Thankfully, tt lives on (with the same people) over at www.rifftrax.com. You buy an MP3 along play it along with any one of a number of recent DVDs. Works pretty well, can be purchased instantly, and only costs a few bucks a pop (sometimes less). I've bought a couple dozen, and I love it. I particularly like how they already have plenty of RiffTrax for movies I already own, which gives them a whole new kind of shelf life.

Yes, I know this sounds like a commercial, but hey, I'm a fan. It's a great idea executed very well. Hugely recommended to anyone, and that recommendation becomes an insistence for anyone who enjoys MST3K.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
You bet your sweet little fanny it's funny.

Who doesn't love Rowsdower and his lunch-meat jackets?

Yes, well, let's just say after seeing the Movie on TV I was an immediate fan. I admit some are funnier than others, but the main point is that none of them AREN'T funny....."Big McLargehuge" - name the film!

Space Mutiny..? That was a great episode!

What about this one: "When carnies flirt"

Space Mutiny..? That was a great episode!

What about this one: "When carnies flirt"
Space Mutiny almost made fun of itself. 'Special effects by Industrial Light and Morons'.

Have no idea where that's from. 'When canaries flirt...' - hmm.

Manos: The Hands of Fate! one of the classics.