Favorite Post-Classic Westerns

Tools    

Seriously? are you going down that moronic route. Ten only fit in the list as far as I can see, I adore lots and lots of films from all sorts of genres and so on, so going by ten whole films is only what an idiot would do.

And my film knowledge is fine and dandy thank you, I even went on to do Film Studies...
Oops.. " moronic " is that supposed to make me feel good or are you just trying to get closer to me?
Thanks for educating me that attending Film Studies apparently qualifies you to make the choices that you made. Of all the movies that you've seen ( most be thousands ) your choice is Scream, Freaks, Carrie, Nightmare Before Christmass, This Is England (doubt that most British would even mention this )??????
But, those are your choices and you are entitled to them, however let me be free to diagree with your movie expertise.
I don't know how much you got out of Film Studies, whatever, I pass....

Again, putting words into my mouth...
No, just replying to the words you wrote down. Are you now going to change your favorites list or perhaps ask for a refund from Film Studies?

If you think Dead Man's Shoes is an action movie, then just argue why it's an action movie. Trying to dismiss the idea by saying you don't like someone's favorites list is ridiculous. That's a really lazy replacement for an argument.

No, just replying to the words you wrote down. Are you now going to change your favorites list or perhaps ask for a refund from Film Studies?
No, the ten of my favourites list is perfectly wonderful for me, a list with films by Ingmar Bergman, Terrence Malick and Béla Tarr to name some.

This goes back to the favorites vs. best distinction, too. What I find most enjoyable and what I find most artistically impressive may overlap, but they're not identical. There are lots of films I'd put on my own favorites list, but which I'd concede would be absurd to put on any sort of AFI list.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
it's hard for me to take a movie debate seriously with somone that has her top ten movie favorites list such as you do. Of all the movies in the world, the choices you made leave a lot to be desired and to a certain extent define your movie knowledge, at least for me. Hey, but they are your choices, so cool, but I still can't take you seriously, so enjoy the banter
i know what you mean. i can't take someone seriously if they have "Dances with Wolwes" and "Toombstone" in their top 10. but hey, they are your choices, so cool.

If you think Dead Man's Shoes is an action movie, then just argue why it's an action movie. Trying to dismiss the idea by saying you don't like someone's favorites list is ridiculous. That's a really lazy replacement for an argument.
Well, the guy does shoot up a bunch of people a bunch of different times and and that to me is action.
Of course, this movie I have under Dark English movies.
I have a bone to pick with the Big House,s definition of categories. I think they are to narrow. I mean, for instance, you can't throw everything into either action or drama because not all drama movies or action movies are the same so should not be in the same category. There definitely should be sub-categories within a category. I agree that one should go with the basic or most pre-dominant premise of the movie and categorize it as such but sometimes they can cross over and be different things, at the same time, and also, as you know there are different region ( or country ) movies.
I have a huge collection ( over 5000 movies ) so I had to come up with an efficient system to label or categorize them so I could have the quickest access. For instance I have an action and a super-action category as well as a horror and super-horor category and everything is alphabetical and within the same category. I also throw away the original movie covers and stack my movies in small plastic disc containers and group them according to genre and country. So when I want to find a specific movie, it takes me less than a minute.
Maybe from all this you have an idea how really messed up my mind is.

i know what you mean. i can't take someone seriously if they have "Dances with Wolwes" and "Toombstone" in their top 10. but hey, they are your choices, so cool.
Ha, ha, I'll take them any day over Alladin and Pretty in Pink. Not even close.
Dances With Wolves did win an Oscar and Tombstone is arguably one of the best westerns of all time, so I'm very content with my choices.

That's not the point. How come you don't have them listed in your top ten, if they are so great?
I'll let him speak for himself, but my wild theory is that he thinks there are more than ten great films.

No, the ten of my favourites list is perfectly wonderful for me, a list with films by Ingmar Bergman, Terrence Malick and Béla Tarr to name some.

I never claimed that your whole list is bad. I was just surprised by a few movies that were on that list, knowing that there was at least 500 better ones to choose from. If that's what you identify with or consider your favorite, cool. It's your own subjective taste, so excuse me if I happen to disagree with it. Aren't forums places in general where pople can agree to disagree and vice-versa ot should they become places where everybody agrees to agree?

I'll let him speak for himself, but my wild theory is that he thinks there are more than ten great films.
Of course there are, who knows how many, but I would have been more impressed by his point had one of the movies I mentioned actually been listed on his list

Look under Favorite movies, upper right hand side, your sign in login, in position no.5 Aladin. Am I missing something?
Yes, I think it would be fair to say you're missing something. A very specific something.

i don't have that in my favorites, either.
Ok, I get it. You have it spelled Aladdin. We both know what we are talking about. I just happen to think that your choice sucks. So if you can live with it , fine, if you can't, whatever..... Just saying I don't consider you qualified enough to question my choices but obviously any one can.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I never claimed that your whole list is bad. I was just surprised by a few movies that were on that list, knowing that there was at least 500 better ones to choose from. If that's what you identify with or consider your favorite, cool. It's your own subjective taste, so excuse me if I happen to disagree with it. Aren't forums places in general where pople can agree to disagree and vice-versa ot should they become places where everybody agrees to agree?
okay, so let me get this straight: you do think Carrie and Freaks are great movies (or at least, i'm guessing so by your "that's not the point" response to lines); however, since you think there are so many more movies that are wildly greater than Carrie and Freaks, any person who would list it in their top 10 - or better yet, any person who doesn't list the movies that you've specifically deemed as great - aren't worth your respect, can't be taken seriously in a film discussion, and should be entirely dismissed?

also, the whole Dances With Wolwes/Toombstone thing went right over your head, because i wasn't dogging you for liking those films (i've seen them both and like them, too). i was just poking at you for the butchered spelling as a joke. same thing with Alladin/Aladin.