Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I’ve tried, but I could not finish The English Patient.
Does that qualify as The English Impatient then?

You can't win an argument just by being right!

The English Patient (1996)

Nice image of Juliette Binoche – as usual fantastic in that film.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Yeah it didn't engage me unfortunately. And I like Fiennes and Scott Thomas into the bargain.
Beautiful juliette

Beautiful juliette
Yeah I started to like her around the time of Chocolat. She seems to get more and more attractive as time goes by.

Beautiful juliette
Yeah I started to like her around the time of Chocolat. She seems to get more and more attractive as time goes by.
Yeah she has magic skin.

Yeah she has magic skin.
It must be all the chocolate . It was great when she said of Chocolat that her agent "sent me the script immediately and I read it immediately".

I saw her the other day in a 1999 interview with Daniel Auteuil promoting The Widow of Saint-Pierre and hadn't realized they'd worked together before Hidden. They're a great combination.

She had a recipe for everyone. Beautiful movie. What happened at the end. Was she run out or did she pack up once she cured everyone?

She had a recipe for everyone. Beautiful movie. What happened at the end. Was she run out or did she pack up once she cured everyone?
Well of course Johnny Depp proved the most difficult to satisfy .

At the end she

WARNING: spoilers below
and her daughter break the curse of constant travel with the north wind and stay.

Well of course Johnny Depp proved the most difficult to satisfy .

At the end she

WARNING: spoilers below
and her daughter break the curse of constant travel with the north wind and stay.
Must watch again. Fantastic music.

Must watch again. Fantastic music.
Yes it is – I didn't know the name Rachel Portman but incredibly I've just noticed that she did the music for The Storyteller and I remember it very well. Very spooky at times just the same.

Chocolat's a nice film at Christmas actually but then I did see it first on Christmas Eve.

Is Judy dench the lucky one who gets the chili hot chocolate?

Yeah I think she is. She's always better doing an accent I think, rather than her own voice .

After rewatching Knights of the Teutonic Order I have to take half a star away. I was a bit over zealous after the first watch. The movie really surprised me, but looking at it again I have to admit the cinematography is not great and not all of the acting is great. There's quite a bit of melodrama, and the editing isn't great either. But this movie is still a masterpiece.

The Shop Around the Corner (1940)

You must be watching 40s films that made the Countdown? I loved! The Shop Around the Corner and it made my list.
Pretty sure it would’ve made my list had I watched it earlier.

Yeah I think she is. She's always better doing an accent I think, rather than her own voice .
What accent does she have?
Been way too long since my last watch.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Hans Richter - Dreams That Money Can Buy

The classic surrealist masterpiece, featuring collaborations including Max Ernst, Marcel Duchamp and Man Ray!
Certainly doesn't wear out it's impact, always a beautiful combination of the bizarre, the psychological and a damn good slice of humor too!