Best video game movie?

Tools    

I think the best yet has got to be "Resident Evil". I didn't think it got corny at all, it had awesome special effects, and a good cast. (Milla Jovovich so hot...) Just seeing the teaser trailer for RE-2 made me want to wet myself.

I also thought the Tomb Raider movies were pretty good. They certainly "filled" Lara Croft's character well...

Originally Posted by Psyklone
I think the best yet has got to be "Resident Evil". I didn't think it got corny at all, it had awesome special effects, and a good cast. (Milla Jovovich so hot...) Just seeing the teaser trailer for RE-2 made me want to wet myself.

I also thought the Tomb Raider movies were pretty good. They certainly "filled" Lara Croft's character well...
I haven't seen one that I've liked yet.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Evolution in Progress...
Man, like I have been saying all along. I think Resident Evil got bad hype because it was a video-game movie. I think it had to have trouble living up to one of the greatest video game series of our times as voted by PC Gamers Magazine. I thought it was a decent flick, and anything with Michelle Rodriguez (tingling with excitement)
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	M R will woop your ass.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1989  

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

C'mon people, I know there's got to be more input on this!

How about the worst one ever made? It's got to be "House of the Dead". Only the second movie I have ever left the theater from.

Evolution in Progress...
Calm down man...sometimes it takes days for threads to get going...just be patient.

If you build it, they will come (always wanted to say that!)

Only for the weak
Man video game movies are bad 90% of the time, Resident Evil was ok and so was the first Mortal Kombat.

The worst...Super Marion Bros. They turned the best video game series into the dumbest movie.

I was waiting for somebody to chime in with that one.

the worst:
streetfighter the movie

the best:
streetfighter 2 the anime

special mention goes to:
double dragon for being the best and worst at the same time

Hi
Mortal Kombat by far.

Mortal Kombat was awesome, too bad the second one blew so bad.

I must become Caligari..!

Mortal Kombat is the only one that comes to mind as being watchable.

I always liked the idea of a Duke Nukem one with Marky Mark.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Hondo333

Mortal Kombat is the only one that comes to mind as being watchable.
Ditto, though Lara Croft: Tomb Raider wasn't too bad, either.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
As far as I can remember, Tomb Raider, while being trash, was very entertaining...thus making it good trash. (Also, it had great set design )

So it has my vote for best. I can't remember Mortal Kombat...so I'll have to watch it again sometime.

EDIT: Does the Final Fantasy movie count? If so, it has my vote, as it was pretty awesome.

Final Fantasy was good for only one reason: the CGI.

Other than that, the story sucked (a FF plot set in the distant future?) and it was NOTHING like a Final Fantasy game at all.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I didn't think the story was half bad. Maybe you are concentrating more on it's actual relation to Final Fantasy....and maybe we disagree. Regardless, I really liked the movie.

Evolution in Progress...
They couldn have used a theme more based on the game for Final Fantasy but I thought they did an excellent job with the theme they choose...don't get upset because they didn't tailor it just to your needs (said in only half serious tone...so don't strike back at me too virolently)

Alright, alright. I agree, it was a decent story, and I stress decent. I guess the only real complaint I had was that it was a little boring at times. The voice cast was freaking awesome (Steve Buscemi!). The only real gripe I had with the CGI was that they still moved like puppets, and the hands were way too long and skinny. (Sorry, I do CG animation sometimes, I'm biased.)

Evolution in Progress...
See now that is how you argue man!

Originally Posted by DrenaiWarrior
See now that is how you argue man!
Thank you, thank you.