Top 100 Movies

→ in
Tools    

46. The Terminator (1984)

An old favorite of mine, the classic Terminator derives it's appeal not only from the movie itself but from the whole sci-fi mythology that was built from it. Similar to Alien in that regard which also shows up in this list.

45. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Incredible film. It's the epitome of cinematic coolness and boasts a powerful soundtrack that has been forever parodied. It's incredibly the world's most famous western and it's not a proper western but essentially an Italian parody of the genre. Also, the battle in the middle of the movie is awesome as well as the uber epic climax.

44. 8 and 1/2 (1963)

Now this is a great art movie. I am not a big fan of Fellini's movies in general because I either find his movies too simplistic (earlier ones) or all over the place (La Dolce Vita) but this one hits the spot. Deeply personal, it's an pseudo autobiographical movie and it's also very cool because it incorporates a lot of experimental elements and it's almost pure symbolism. Being essentially like visual music.

43. Dersu Uzala (1975)

Now this is a real movie. Kurosawa's visual language is so awesome that you can watch this without understanding the dialogue and still be able to get the plot. Which is fairly simple but majestically executed.

300 also has impact for me as teenager. Probably it became lesser as i rewatch it couple of years back but it still memorable. quiet proud that to be the one that introduced it to bunch of my peers back then lol

Now this is a great art movie. I am not a big fan of Fellini's movies in general.
Nooooooooo

42. EVA 3.0 (2012)

This one is a big twisted piece of animation. It's very different from the earlier incarnations of EVA although it preserves it's EVA'ness. It represents Anno's last attempt (so far) of dealing with his own emotional problems through the franchise he created in 1995-1996 and it is his most ambitious movie yet. It's plot is very convoluted and confusing, the characters behave in a very mysterious way and overall it left many people unsatisfied but I though it was the most emotionally dense of the EVA movies released so far and hence a truly memorable experience.

40. Judgment at Nuremberg (1962)

A very powerful film in fact I was really impressed with it and one of the best movies that I came to watch though the forum's HOF's. At the time I watched it I didn't think it was so good but now when I think back about it it was an amazing film with super memorable scenes.