Disney Upcoming DVDs

Tools    

Guy
I'm thinking about getting some Disney DVDs. I havent gotten any except Toy Story Box in the past because I was too embarassed (Disney is considered for kids), but screw that, it's still some good stuff. So I thought some good starters would be the Snow White, Fantasia Anthology and those disney shorts that are coming out in December.

I wanted to know what those shorts are all about, I saw there are 2, 2 disc DVDs coming out full of Disney Shorts, mickey mouse and all that, are these any good? Are they worth it? (for anybody whose seen them). Anyone here have any good Disney or Animated recomendations of films made from the beginning to '95?

Disney is good stuff, BTW, not just for kids.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Snow White was just released, and Dumbo is being released in a couple of weeks. Tron is also on the way. The best way to go with Disney DVD's is to get the two disc. So far, I have Bug's Life, Dinosaur, Emperor's New Groove, Mulan, Snow White, Toy Story Ultimate Edition, Tarzan, and I'm planning on getting Dumbo.

When you get a Disney DVD, you usually get a book showing you all the Disney DVD's being released or already released. If you have one of these I suggest you thumb through it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Sleeping Beauty's my favorite Disney movie, but it's not coming out on DVD until next year (I think). I saw Lady and the Tramp on DVD, and seeing it in widescreen just blew me away. I didn't think animation could possibly be that good. So check that one out. Um...Peter Pan is a good one, and I think it's on DVD, as well. Cinderella's great, but it hasn't been released yet. The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are wonderful. The Little Mermaid is on DVD, but Beauty and the Beast isn't. Bambi is another good one that hasn't been released.

So, that's all for now. Check out the ones I mentioned that have been released, and keep your eyes open for the ones that haven't.

Beauty and the Beast I think is supposed to be coming out next year. You would think with the release of Cinderella 2, that they will release Cinderella with it. Who knows.

I refuse to buy the Snow White DVD because they put a grammatical error in the TV commercial. That and I never cared for the movie. But you'd think a company as big as Disney would proofread their TV commercials.

What was the error? I noticed that the title is Dwarfs when it should be Dwarves, but that's the real title...

They said "DVD's" when they meant "DVDs".

Yes. Most people wouldn't notice because most people don't bother to learn proper grammar, either. But that doesn't mean I have to like the fact that Disney cannot be bothered to use proper grammar in their TV commercials.

It's akin to Chris putting ads out that called the site Movie Forum's or ABC putting Redskin's and Cowboy's in the box score for tonight's Monday Night Football game.

If Disney is that careless with their DVD commercials, how careless were they with the rest of the product?

True, but they weren't very careless with the DVD. That's for sure. So, yes ryan, it is a problem that they were careless enough to use incorrect grammar, but I wouldn't throw a hissy about it if this is the first time this kind of thing has happened.

It is, however, hard to believe that a company of Disney's stature would make a mistake like this so carelessly. Maybe they've been inflicted with bigheadism.

Nobody's "throwing a hissy". I'm just noting that they're careless. And asking who knows how careless they are with the rest of their product.

Well like I said, I don't think they were careless with the DVD, because it's got some wonderful features on it. And if it was only with the tv ad, then I forgive them, they just need to pull their ad with the grammatical error in it and correct it.

Actually, they should just not worry about it since so few people will notice the error and even fewer will care. No point spending the money to fix it, really.

I wouldn't buy the Snow White DVD even if their commercial were perfect because it's not a movie I really care to own.