What is better, 5.1 or DTS?

Tools    

Hi everyone, I'm curious as to your opinion on DD 5.1 and DTS. Which is better? I've heard it both ways but I'm honestly not sure. Any help would be much appreciated .

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
DTS is usually a little easier to go with since most players have DTS built in. 5.1 however would be the best way to go if you ask me. Just get a lot of cables.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Hands down...DTS. There is nothing better for digital sound than DTS. 5.1 is good, but DTS has an amazing low-end frequency pickup for subwoofers and superb high-end range that truly makes the surround sound perfect. Nothing better in this world than a DTS system through 15 high-end speakers in a midsize living room. LOL. As sound becomes more important on digital releases, DTS, 6.1, Virtual 9.1, and so on will turn every living room into a major theater experience.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums