Yes
66.67%
2 votes
No
0%
0 votes
No comment
3 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Hi guys, im doing a survey on the view of the current full length CG animation in cinema such as 'shark tale', 'Cars', 'chicken little' and so on. Does anyone feel that ever since Toy Story, the following CG animations produced had become predictable or similar? It's like they are all from the same 'pixar' or 'disney' formula. For example, they seem to be revolving around family oriented genre, talking animals or fishes with clever jokes, it is as if they are following the template or formula in term of genre, story, character and even visual style. The industry has become saturated with this type of formulised animation which might ultimately lost their audiences.

Do you guys feel that CG animation on the big screen should produce something new? Deviate from the family oriented genre and take on a more serious tone and produce story such as maybe forest gump, mystery, horror or even tragic romance.

This are just my thoughts, no offence to 'pixar' style of animation which I still love but it is just getting too much when I start to see very
familiar CG animation on the Big Screen every now and then. Please feel free to vote, comment and discuss.

That is an interesting point. There are many similar cg movies released every year although movies like WALL·E and soon to be released Frankenweenie look like there keeping things original. They are still family films though, it would be interesting to see Disney or Pixar create a more mature film similar to Japanese directors Satoshi Kon or Isao Takahata for Hotaru no haka(Grave of the Fireflies).

What's 'formulised' mean?

Not trying to be a smart@ss but I don't know if you mean something formulaic or something formalized...

Anyway, I noticed Fears of the Dark a while ago on iTunes. Looks pretty cool, animated horror shorts.

I think a CG version of Dracula could be pretty cool. At least the way I picture it in my mind.