2 Fast 2 Furious - is it worth seeing?

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone seen this yet, and if so is it worth seeing at all?

hmm...judging by the silence i'm going to take it that this movie sucked ass just as i predicted

If you have to ask if a movie like 2 Fast 2 Furious is "worth" seeing, then the answer is a resounding no. What are you looking for? An original story, well-developed characters and smart dialogue? Look, you either disconnect your brain and admire at the tricked-out cars dodging traffic to a pumped-up soundtrack and have "fun", or you skip it completely. It's surely not going to be a good movie, so it's either going to be enjoyable as slick fluff, or it isn't. If you're not in the mood for that kind of disposable junk, then don't dare see it. If you are, you are.

T'aint complicated.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Well I went and saw it anyway, and....it wasn't as bad as the first.

I didn't know dickheads were so lovable. Thanks for opening my eyes.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Yes. Good enough to see.

DOn't expect much originality, but it is an enjoyable film.

**1/2 out of ****

Halfway through the movie i turned to my friend and said, is the dialouge bad, or is it meant to be funny? And he replied, its so bad i have no clue whats going on.

I really liked the first one, this was crap. There are just so many better movies out right now, its not worth it.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

True. But it isn't all that bad. Still good enough to check out on video.

I enjoyed it even though I was litterally dragged to it by my boyfriend...I found it was more appealing then the first for sure....I loved the characters (except for Paul Walker again the sissy) But Tyrese was oh so yummy and very funny in this one.... Loved the bad guy too...

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I never actually saw the original Fast and the Furious, but I went to see this on a whim. I think I got my six bucks worth. I was pretty fun, if you like cars or racing, you'll probably dig it, and I liked the actress who played the asian race driver.. , so I'd say yes, it is worth seeing. It's better than The Italian Job, which I know, not much of a ringing endorsement. Being hit by a car is slightly better than seeing the Italian Job....

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Really? I would like to go see the Italian Job it looked pretty awsome..... Well that is a downer

Don't listen to him. While 2 F 2 F was a pretty good movie, The Italian Job is a great one. Trust me. You won't be let down. It has a lot of comedy and a lot of action. A combination twice that of anything 2F2F had.

Nice I think that rules out my decision for sure
Thankz

The Mad Prophet is slightly confused. Are you planning seeing The Italian Job or not?

It was beauty killed the beast.
The Italian Job is the epitome of a conventional formulaic Hollywood film. Stay home and rewatch Ocean's 11 instead.

I really didn't like Oceans 11 very much

I say that it is a highly enjoyable movie.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by RedQueen83
I really didn't like Oceans 11 very much
In that case, Kong really doubts that The Italian Job would do much for you. IJ is like a cross between Ocean's Eleven and a Mini commercial, only it's more conventional than both of them.

That is true. It is sort of like Oceans 11 in a way, so if you didn't like Oceans, then this movie probobly isn't your bag.

IMO:

Oceans 11-***1/2 out of ****

The Italian Job-***1/4 out of ****