The Snow Queen/Snezhnaya koroleva

Tools    

Not Enough Time
I didn't know where to post this thread, so I'm putting it here in hopes of getting maximum exposure.

In the late 80's/early 90's, the 1957 Soviet movie Snezhnaya koroleva (The Snow Queen) was American dubbed and re-released. This was one of my favorite childhood movies and I want to know how I can find a copy. I did a little research and most of what I've found are either new versions (95 or more recent) or live action versions. I want the original animation, it would not be the same without that old animation. Anyone know of a copy around anywhere? Or even know what I'm talking about?

Thanks! Any and all help appreciated

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It's on YouTube, but it's in Russian with no subtitles.

Here's some place with subtitles, but I don't know anything about it.

Not Enough Time
Yeah I saw that one there, but that's mislabeled. That's not the version I am thinking of, the animation is different plus there definitely wasn't any type of ship thingy like in that picture. Thanks though. Let me see if I can find the pic ..

EDIT: okay, so maybe I lied about that being mislabeled. I'm starting to watch it on YouTube and it looks right. But I still want the American version! lol

Not Enough Time
Okay, just to clarify for anyone coming into the thread, what I'm looking for is the exact same as the original Russian version, exact same animation, but with English dub. Don't ask me to explain, I've looked at all these other "English" versions and they are different, the pop-music intro is wrong, the voices are wrong, and they cut some animation from the beginning anyway.

Snow Queen is a very important early animated movie because it inspired Miyazaki to work as an animator (he said that he though it was superior to the stuff Disney had made up to that point in time).

Not Enough Time
Here's the English-language version. It's got about six minutes of stuff before it starts.

AH! YOU DID IT!!!! you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness I would do the nicest things to you right now!! after I watched the movie of course. you are awesome you have no idea how much you just made my year!

I didn't even have to watch because that is the opening scene from the video I had when I was young. But of course I'm going to watch it now. Awesome!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You're welcome.

The last version I posted is the original English version released in 1959. The first one is the original Russian released in 1957. They have different music. As far as I know, there is no version with the Russian music in English, but these two give you the music and dialogue you say you want. Check Wikipedia and it says the same thing.

Not Enough Time
You're welcome.

The last version I posted is the original English version released in 1959. The first one is the original Russian released in 1957. They have different music. As far as I know, there is no version with the Russian music in English, but these two give you the music and dialogue you say you want. Check Wikipedia and it says the same thing.
Yup, that's the one! The only thing I could find on YouTube with English sound was some weird version with a Scottish dreamy, completely different dialogue (though I don't speak Russian so I don't know which is truer to the original), and pop music. This is great! Plus the website looks like a good one. Thanks again!!!! Also hope this helps anyone else looking for it in the future, because I also looked for a home copy (DVD, VHS) and couldn't find it. So far, anyway...