Things that annoy you...

Tools    

When I go to the grocery store and I start thinking about all the great stuff I'll be cooking later and forget to pick up the one thing that made the entire trip necessary.

Her: "Where's the cat litter?"

Me: "****!"

Britain, scared to stand up to Islam again...

Apparently a young boy with autism at a non religious school(and three others boys) has been suspended from school after accidentally, ACCIDENTALLY, damaging a copy of the qur'an when it was dropped on the floor(it was his own copy too, not the school's property)... then they received death threats that the police did not take any further.

And we are a county that last time I looked has no blasphemy laws.

Disgusting.

When I go to the grocery store and I start thinking about all the great stuff I'll be cooking later and forget to pick up the one thing that made the entire trip necessary.

Her: "Where's the cat litter?"

Me: "****!"

Cat litter is the one thing husband will leave in his cargo van until prompted by me to put the heavy bag in the basement. No way am I lifting that darn thing.

A funny thing about men that I have observed, definitely with my own husband: a man will buy the wrong product, but will not return it for a refund. He would rather return to the store for the correct item & just keep the incorrect item.

Britain, scared to stand up to Islam again...

Apparently a young boy with autism at a non religious school(and three others boys) has been suspended from school after accidentally, ACCIDENTALLY, damaging a copy of the qur'an when it was dropped on the floor(it was his own copy too, not the school's property)... then they received death threats that the police did not take any further.

And we are a county that last time I looked has no blasphemy laws.

Disgusting.
It’s pretty much the same here. It’s sometimes life-threatening to do anything but keep stumm.

This is beyond annoying... more like a PSA.

Last month my neighbors got catalytic converters stolen off 2 of their cars right from their driveway in the middle of the night.
(And we live in a town that people compare to Mayberry as far as crime goes.)

Today, in an adjacent town, my brother had the catalytic converter stolen off his car which was parked on the street in front of his house! Part of the crime was captured on his neighbor's Ring doorbell across the street - but not enough for the police to do anything about. The repair / replacement is not covered by his insurance.

Crime seems to be creeping in from every direction. I don't know what advice to offer except stay vigilant.

Last month my neighbors got catalytic converters stolen off 2 of their cars right from their driveway in the middle of the night.

Today, in an adjacent town, my brother had the catalytic converter stolen off his car which was parked on the street in front of his house! Part of the crime was captured on his neighbor's Ring doorbell across the street - but not enough for the police to do anything about. The repair / replacement is not covered by his insurance.

Crime seems to be creeping in from every direction. I don't know what advice to offer except stay vigilant.
Read about this last month. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/18/n...e=articleShare

Catalytic converter thief is a big problem everywhere. If only authorized businesses could recycle the valuable metals in a catalytic converter, instead of anyone, then theft would be reduced.

Here in Washington state people break into new home constructions or vacant buildings and strip out the copper wire to sell for a few bucks to recycling centers, sometimes causing damage in the 10,000s range just to one building alone.

Catalytic converter thief is a big problem everywhere. If only authorized businesses could recycle the valuable metals in a catalytic converter, instead of anyone, then theft would be reduced.

Here in Washington state people break into new home constructions or vacant buildings and strip out the copper wire to sell for a few bucks to recycling centers, sometimes causing damage in the 10,000s range just to one building alone.
Thieves here do this too.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence

What a small world.

Our car was a victim of the same crime several years ago. Interestingly enough, I found this couple of weeks later by chance. During these weeks, I've noticed some noise from below the car when I drive, kind of whistling sound. Anyway, I didn't pay much attention. Then it was time for annual change of the filters and the guys in the car service room informed me that the catalytic converter is missing and there is a gap in the pipes. I was like shocked and immediately understood why was the noise. For some small amount of money, they've mounted some additional pipe and I drive this way since then. There's no problem at all.

The same here, it is not covered by the insurance because the part is on the exterior. Thanks to a friend I have in the insurance company, he arranged some small compensation for us, something like $250. (in the garage, they've informed me that a new catalytic converter price is $1,000 and maybe more).
Finally, I've had a great time in the police office. After telling me couple of jokes, the policemen informed me that this is a very fashionable crime and more than 20 cars been reported to suffer the same in our neighborhood only in couple of months time.

Something that intensely annoys me: paywalls! The Washington Post & the Daily Telegraph (to name just two) won’t let you read even a paragraph on their dumb websites without asking for money. So annoying!
Hard agree. More shockingly, I WORK in the media and have every single top-tier subscription, both personal and corporate, yet the paywall never works properly and it always takes 10 mins to log in (looking at you, Bloomberg). Which is to say, they are so dumb even having a subscription won’t save you.

My strange new post-accident cough.
Another coincidence: on the day of my mother's funeral in January of last year I was feeling ill (everyone was still wearing masks at the funeral at that time). I believe I may have had the Omicron variant of Covid as my symptoms were exactly as described and this "bad cold" lasted for about 6 - 8 weeks. What never really subsided was a cough and an asthmatic-type condition that gets a bit better & worse at different times throughout the year, but never really goes away.

My brother also seemed to develop similar respiratory symptoms before I did with a chronic cough. We noted how it seems to get worse right around early to mid-March.

My cousin stopped by today and we told her about our chronic coughs - she said, "I have the same thing - just started getting worse again this week!"

So, I'm thinking there may be either be some change in the air pollution that illness has made us more susceptible to or there may be a seasonal connection (or various combinations thereof).

Another coincidence: on the day of my mother's funeral in January of last year I was feeling ill (everyone was still wearing masks at the funeral at that time). I believe I may have had the Omicron variant of Covid as my symptoms were exactly as described and this "bad cold" lasted for about 6 - 8 weeks. What never really subsided was a cough and an asthmatic-type condition that gets a bit better & worse at different times throughout the year, but never really goes away.

My brother also seemed to develop similar respiratory symptoms before I did with a chronic cough. We noted how it seems to get worse right around early to mid-March.

My cousin stopped by today and we told her about our chronic coughs - she said, "I have the same thing - just started getting worse again this week!"

So, I'm thinking there may be either be some change in the air pollution that illness has made us more susceptible to or there may be a seasonal connection (or various combinations thereof).
Well, I lived with a permanent breathing condition that sounded just like what you’re describing, so if I had to go back to that I wouldn’t even mind. But no, I’m clearly even more messed up than ever after the accident and I keep thinking that I first started to have a cough just after a very stressful morning, then (this being Movie Forums) that Walter White started with a cough and now I’m going to die, so I won’t even go there. I sure hope it’s air pollution or COVID or PTSD or a combination of the three.

(To everyone who warned me about ‘feeling up’ before the storm, yup, clearly in that phase now and spiralling worse than the day after the accident).

Well, I lived with a permanent breathing condition that sounded just like what you’re describing, so if I had to go back to that I wouldn’t even mind. But no, I’m clearly even more messed up than ever after the accident and I keep thinking that I first started to have a cough just after a very stressful morning, then (this being Movie Forums) that Walter White started with a cough and now I’m going to die, so I won’t even go there. I sure hope it’s air pollution or COVID or PTSD or a combination of the three.

(To everyone who warned me about ‘feeling up’ before the storm, yup, clearly in that phase now and spiralling worse than the day after the accident).
Was there any impact during the crash to your chestal area?

Was there any impact during the crash to your chestal area?
None whatsoever. There was no impact as far as my body is concerned at all.

Then again, maybe I don’t remember. I don’t know, I’m a mess.

My therapist told me she feels bad for me. She’s good but I mean, thanks a bunch. I feel bad for me too.

None whatsoever. There was no impact on me at all.

Then again, maybe I don’t remember. I don’t know, I’m a mess.

My therapist told me she feels bad for me. She’s good but I mean, thanks a bunch. I feel bad for me too.
In that case it doesn't sound physical. (Let me rephrase that... of course it's physical, but doesn't sound like it's directly related to the accident... but if it is, it may be psychosomatic).

Like you said, it might be stress related (PTSD) or the start of seasonal allergies (or... do you live anywhere near where that train crashed - where they decided to burn all the toxic chemicals into the air?)

The weird thing with allergies is you can outgrow them (I outgrew most of my childhood hay fever) or grow INTO them (develop new ones) or have a resurgence of ones you had thought you beat a long time ago.

P.S. I feel bad for you too, but I'm afraid our time together is up... will you send me $200.00?

In that case it doesn't sound physical. (Let me rephrase that... of course it's physical, but doesn't sound like it's directly related to the accident... but if it is, it may be psychosomatic).

P.S. I feel bad for you too, but I'm afraid our time together is up... will you send me $200.00?
I know, right?

I do think it’s at least partly psychosomatic. Interesting point about allergies, we are officially in spring after all.

I know, right?

I do think it’s at least partly psychosomatic. Interesting point about allergies, we are officially in spring after all.
This is just an aside, but I had to get new glasses at the end of December - after looking at my eyes the optometrist said, "You're having a bit of distress today. You had some itching or watering eyes this morning? Maybe some sinus congestion? Some puffiness? Extra discharge from your eyes? I can see some reaction - you have quite of a bit of swelling & irritation in the membranes."

Then he went on to tell me some kind of tree was blooming (or doing something)... this is in December!... and how a lot of his patients were having allergic reactions that week!

This is just an aside, but I had to get new glasses at the end of December - after looking at my eyes the optometrist said, "You're having a bit of distress today. You had some itching or watering eyes this morning? Maybe some sinus congestion? Some puffiness? Extra discharge from your eyes? I can see some reaction - you have quite of a bit of swelling & irritation in the membranes."

Then he went on to tell me some kind of tree was blooming (or doing something)... this is in December!... and how a lot of his patients were having allergic reactions that week!
Oh dear. This world is never safe. I guess I’ll look into allergies too once I can pull myself together a bit.

my depression and my mental health, been to hospital 3 times 3 days in a row.*
I’m sorry to hear this. What can we do to help?