October 19th...From Hell

→ in
Tools    

I didnt laugh at Sleepy hollow either, pardon me Holden Intricate nightmare huh? Yawn. I wasnt even scared once & by the time the windmill exploded, I wuz pretty much bored out of my gourd. About the only really good things is this movie was the Hessian rearin up on his black horsy & me lookin down womens dresses.

Humm, on Jack the Ripper, I think hed have to be a doctor or a butcher. Becuz he knew his way around peoples guts & he really did a job on his last victim. And I agree with Sun that he probably had the clap & he wanted to revenge himself on the clappers.

How old are you, Pig-Lite? Not to brag, but I haven't been scared by a horror movie since I was about eleven. Are people really 'scared' by horror movies? I'm not talking about cheap jump cuts that startle, but truly scared?

Anyway (again), I don't think Burton's Sleepy Holllow was ever conceived as a straight 'horror' movie. And I called it a "nightmare" because it's a dark fantasy, not because it left me in a cold sweat crying on my pillow. The "intricate" was because of the visual style and elaborate sets.

Truth is, I'm not in love with Sleepy Holllow. I enjoyed it as the eye candy it is, got some chuckles from Burton's sense of the macabre, but I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything (except maybe on a purely visual level). I was just trying to explain that over-the-top details like the blood splashing were intentionally silly, and I thought that was obvious from Burton's tone. You certainly don't have to like it (I only think it's above-average myself), and I'm not surprised to find you - or anybody else - was not scared by it.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The part where he comes out of the morgue after opening the pregnant lady, is it just me or did the blood look a little light?

Back to the film this thread is about, I think this movie might be interesting. I mean dark is Depp, so the only thing he should lack is a decent accent. Graham might be ok in it, kinda questionable if you ask me, but that's my opinion, she'll be the "eye-candy" for this picture as was the dresses from sleepy hollow which kept PLite drawn to the upper portion of the dress.

Should be something to watch no matter what. Dark pictures are always something entertaining, and the fact that it comes out around Halloween, so it should be worth it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah,see,people do know about the history of Jack the Ripper.Someone was saying earlier in the thread that the preview gave too much away...but we already know the basics;or could know,I should say.

Truly scared? Let me give you my definition: if you see a movie, and that night, or some night shortly afterwards, you find yourself lying in bed, thinking about it, being made a bit uncomfortable by it, then it has scared you. If it effects you in even a minorly significant way in the "real world" away from the theatre, then I think that qualifies. Anyway, by that standard, "Sleepy Hollow" did not scare me, but "Scream" and "Jeepers Creepers" certainly did. Oh, and I think "Sleepy Hollow" was a very cool movie. The atmosphere was terrific. I am NOT a big Depp fan (mainly because I don't see why people admire him so much. He's good, but not amazing, IMO)...but he was 100% perfect for that role. It was somewhat of a slam dunk, but he deserves praise for nailing it anyway.

Now With Moveable Parts
Sleepy Hollow wasn't meant to be a scary movie.The theory of keeping you up at night,thinking about it,works for Sleepy Hollow too.It bothered me for some reason.The part where Walkin takes that family(the little boy under the floorboards)bugged me,and I couldn't get certian images out of my head.It didn't scare me though.