The Love & Heartbreak Song Tournament

Tools    

Prince is one greedy SOB!
Genius musician, but what a bastard!
Great find, SC, and sure enough, he/they will find it and it will be taken down
Yeah, he makes some great music, but he needs serious slappings all over that bare ass in those assless pants of his.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prince.jpg
Views:	3353
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	24101  

GB, don't even take my nominations until you're ready to start, 'cause I have no idea how many times I'll change my songs. When you're ready, take what's there and what's there will be played.

I'm seriously about to ditch Prince if anyone wants it.

I don't like the fact that it's not Youtube.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
GB, don't even take my nominations until you're ready to start, 'cause I have no idea how many times I'll change my songs. When you're ready, take what's there and what's there will be played.
Just let me know when you're done. I haven't even started working on mine yet, so you have plenty of time.

Yeah, I'm kicking Prince to the curb, I think. Non-Youtube songs don't win.

I changed another OMG what a pain in the ass I am!
Got it. Thanks.

It's not a problem. You can change your noms as often as you'd like to, just double-check that I fix them correctly in the first post.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Added my nominations now.

I wonder if your nomination of "How Deep Is Your Love" will go a little further than mine did (it should've gone further, people! ). And, gosh darn it, you got to Kool & The Gang before I did. I was considering "The Glory Of Love" for the last tournament that I was in. I like seeing it here now, though.

Got them. Thanks.

Also, Citizen Rules sent me a PM that he's joining, but he'll post the links to his songs later. This is his list of nominations, (but as always, he's welcome to change them any time before the noms close).

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules
I'm in your song tournament. Here is my songs ...I will get links for you latter and I might change one or two of them before the tournament starts. I'm out of here for the night.

The Doors - Hello I love You
Garbage - #1 Crush Romeo & Juliet version
Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella
Banarama - I Heard a Rumor
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Dean Martin - Ain't That A Kick In The Head?
Frank Sinatra - Bewitched
Doris Day - Sentimental Journey

I wonder if your nomination of "How Deep Is Your Love" will go a little further than mine did (it should've gone further, people! ). And, gosh darn it, you got to Kool & The Gang before I did. I was considering "The Glory Of Love" for the last tournament that I was in. I like seeing it here now, though.
What did How Deep Is Your Love lose to?
Kool & The Gang had to be on my list. It was either Cherish or Joanna. Cherish won me over.
The Glory of Love was the first song on my mind. I expect it to go all the way

Also, Citizen Rules sent me a PM that he's joining, but he'll post the links to his songs later.
Lazy!

Banarama - I Heard a Rumor
I nominated that in the last tournament that I was in. It did fairly well, too. Maybe this time it will do even better. Who knows?

What did How Deep Is Your Love lose to?
Kool & The Gang had to be on my list. It was either Cherish or Joanna. Cherish won me over.
The Glory of Love was the first song on my mind. I expect it to go all the way
I don't remember what it lost to. I will have to look. I think it was in one of the Getting To Know You tournaments - the second one.

I like "Cherish" better than "Joanna", but "Joanna" is pretty damn good. I love Kool & The Gang, though. So, anything by them is nice to see in one of these tournaments.

So, you think you are going to win this whole thing with Peter Cetera? We'll see.

It is the first theme in a long time where I really considered what I was nominating based on lyrics. I haven't the slightest idea how I will do, but these are all songs that are really good love songs, I think.

It is the first theme in a long time where I really considered what I was nominating based on lyrics. I haven't the slightest idea how I will do, but these are all songs that are really good love songs, I think.

I hope everyone thinks about the lyrics when they choose their nominations.

Ehhhh. Maybe I'll bring Prince back afterall. I just hope it continues to work for everybody.

I'll drop out right now if you're gonna overemphasize lyrics over the overall effect of the song.

I actually have a lot of songs that I think are excellent love songs (lyrics wise, of course), but they are all "old-fashioned" (for lack of any other way to describe them - but I think you know what I mean). So, I tried to steer away from those (even though a couple of them still managed to sneak in and get nominated ).

I'll drop out right now if you're gonna overemphasize lyrics over the overall effect of the song.
No, I always vote based on which song I like better, regardless of the lyrics. But sometimes I'll use the lyrics to break a tie in my head if I like both songs equally.

I actually have a lot of songs that I think are excellent love songs (lyrics wise, of course), but they are all "old-fashioned" (for lack of any other way to describe them - but I think you know what I mean). So, I tried to steer away from those (even though a couple of them still managed to sneak in and get nominated ).
Yes, I know what you mean. Personally, I love "old-fashioned" songs, but they don't do well in these tournaments.

I'm working on my nominations now, and I'm trying to find a nice mix of songs.