Robocop a Paul Verhoeven film

→ in
Tools    

Robocop 1987/color/103min/r/orion

Directed by
Paul Verhoeven

Cast
Peter Weller/Nacey Allen/Daniel O'Herlihy/Ronny Cox/Kurtwood Smith/Miguel Ferrer

Music by
Basil Poledouris

Cinematography by
Jost Vacano

This crazy @ss sci fi-action movie was the second feature hollywood picture for hollands greatest director Paul Verhoeven. Peter Weller is Robocop part man part machine all cop who was killed in the line of duty brought back as a cyborg cop out to avenge the badies who brutly killed him. The special effect are great and the make-up is by the always creative Rob Bottin who went on to do two other features with the director Total Recall and Basic Instinct. This film contain graphic violence and gore because I remember being desturbed when I was 8. By the scene were Peter Weller gets shot to pieces in a abandon warehouse.

* VHS, LD, DVD there is a special edition on dvd complete with deleted scenes directors cut and an audio commentary by Paul Verhoeven.
________
Peak Towers Condo

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I own the Criterion version of this movie, and when Weller's character gets shot up...it does get graphic. A worthwhile buy though. The other two sequels to this, although visually(except the 3rd) equal to the first, still enjoyable to watch.

Why I say that the 3rd installment wasn't all that great, well when Robo learns to fly, you can see the use of strings to help him out. That really turned me off from the movie. The series they started out of this didn't look all that great either.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

i love that DVD its incredibly bloody

there isnt enough cyberpunk movies in the world, the best being bladerunner.

i also think that for the time that one big robot was really good effects

my favorite thing about this movie has to be the fact that this idea would be so easy to be made into the stupidest movie ever, the laughing stock of the forums, but they managed to make it good
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It actually was more of a comedy-esque type movie than anything. There's a lot of dark humor in this. The other 2 movies were crap compared to this one. I liked the "Kain" character in the second one though...more gruesome.