Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

→ in
Tools    

Rock God
oh man! i have both my stubs!! i'm so pumped. i'm gonna get a kevin smith signature poster! anyone else gonna get the poster?!?

Rock God
the other night me and my brother were thinking up funny quotes from the movie. lol, we had about 50. i hate to say it, but i wanna see this movie a third time. (maybe a fourth ) by the way, jrs, you can e-mail me if you want to: [email protected]

Rock God
wow. this is kind of weird, but i'm sure kevin smith fans would appreciate it. although you probably know by now that the movie did NOT come in at no. 1, everyone at viewaskew is pleased with the reviews it's getting. one of the coolest i read was moby (the pop star) who gave it a really good review on his website. here's the viewaskew page.
http://www.newsaskew.com

Hey Brodie, can you give me a link to Moby's site?

By the way, I went and saw the flick again, and I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

I crack up every time I see that guy carrying the beam (like in Mallrats) across the studio lot towards the end. I guess I'[m just easy to please in the comedy department.

Rock God
steve-
http://www.moby-online.com/
ryan-
no, you're not easy to please. if that were true, you would think adam sandler movies are the funniest things ever created (please don't tell me you like adam sandler movies) kevin smith movies are unlike most comedies, genuinely funny, and they DO make you think a little bit (no matter what anyone says). it takes a lot of pop culture savvy to appreciate jay and silent bob, the average idiot probably couldn't find it funny at all.
jrs-
thanks.

Rock God
it's ok. i know people who think some adam sandler movies are funny, too. some of them were decent, but the waterboy was unforgiveably bad. no way you could ever say the waterboy was funny.

Big Daddy is mean spirited crap. So, for that matter, are all of Sandler's movies. I thought Kathy Bates was funny in the Waterboy, and Happy Gilmore had its moments, but Big Daddy? That's the WORST of his movies.

Mean spirited? How in the hell is that movie mean spirited? It's the funniest crap in the world. You just know Sandler and his friends have a blast making those movies. Oh, and it made $160 million -- so you're in the minority, bud.

Rock God
thanks for moving this conversation, commish. this is not the thread to be talking about adam sandler movies.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Kevin Smith's movies are funny, cause they are written and directed by HIM. He has the vision, and he speaks his mind to get it done the way he wants it done. He's not a tracer... If you ever think you're going to watch a Smith film and be able to laugh at a guy spitting milk out his nose, you're going to be in for a dissapointment. His films are deep-thinkin movies. Although I have never seen Mallrats, I am going to steer clear since ive heard its just not that good. All of his movies I have seen are dark comedies, and any idiot with an IQ of 3 would never understand them. Just like The Mexican...dark comedy that a lot of people in my town didn't like cause they didn't understand it.

So if you haven't really seen any of Smith's previous flicks might check em out before watching J&SBSB. You'll be lost on half of the jokes if you don't.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Rock God
i agree totally, spdrcr. it's cool you saw the movie and liked it so much. i sent in my stubs... i wonder what the autographed poster will be like....

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Haha, it'll probably be as big as a piece of paper!

Why does everyone hink Mallrats was bad?? I loved it. I thought it was great.

I loved Mallrats and actually put it on my top 10 list for comedies. Granted, I realize most people don't enjoy it to that extreme, but I LOVED IT!

I must say that I dug Jay and Silent Bob... just not quite as much as some of his other flicks. I really appreciated all the 'in-jokes' throughout the film. It's fun to see someone create a movie targeted towards loyal fans, especially after screwing us over on the rerelease of the Dogma DVD