Piyush's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

ok i review mostly new movies....majority of them being Hollywood and few of em being Bollywood.....(though i review SOME old movies as well)
review points are based on the genre of the movie:
horror- skulls (eg. 7skulls/10)
action- guns (eg. 7guns/10)
comedy- smileys (eg. 7 smileys/10)
romance- hearts (eg. 7 hearts/10)
adventure/fantasy- stars (eg. 7 stars/10)

Warm Bodies-2013

Summit Entertainment brings to you Warm Bodies
initially i was not at all interested to check this movie out. but decided to go anyways and boy was i surprised. it was actually a good movie!
director Jonathan Levine has done a fine job
fresh faces Nicholas Hoult as R (the zombie)and Teresa Palmer as Julie(R's human love interest) have done a splendid job. ROb Corddry does a superb job as M (buddy of R)
other cast includes:
John Malkovich as Col Grigio(father of Julie)
Dave Franco as Perry (fiance of Julie, killed by R)
and
Analeigh Tipton as Nora (Julie's friend)
all in all it was a fresh movie and one of the best zomcoms i've seen so far.
i'd give it 7.5 smileys/10 smileys (since it was more of comedy than horror, no horror at all infact)

Jack the Giant Slayer

an expensive movie distributed by Warner Bros.
this movie is about Jack(played by Nicholas Hoult) a young farmer who embarks on a mission with Elmont(Ewan McGregor ) to save princess Isabelle(Eleanor Tomlinson ) to save her from the Giants -led by Fallon (Billy Nighy, John Kassir)
rest of the cast:
Stanley Tucci as Lord Roderick, an adviser to the king with designs on usurping power
Ian McShane as King Brahmwell, the princess's father, who is none too thrilled about a union between his daughter and a farmer boy

director John Ottman does a fine job at the direction. but the movie lags behind when it comes to a solid story line.
there some hits but lots of misses...there is a lil bit of humor but again parts of it are dull...visual effects is good though...all in all it is a movie that can be watched when you have nothing to do on a sunday evening.

i'd give it 6stars/10 stars