Best movie Without a Sequel

Tools    

What are the top ten movies Without a Sequel,
Rules: it can be a sequel, it just cant have one i.e. Back to the future 2 doesnt work, but back to the future 3 does.
Remakes ok, just no Sequel to the remake.
Star Wars should be excluded, cause of the book after the movie.
It can have a sequel in the future just not now.

My Top Ten.
1. Scarface, with Al Pachino
2. Godfather 3
3. Gone with the Wind
4. Gone In 60 Seconds, Nicholos Cage
5. Romeo and Juliet, movie of play.
6. Titanic
7. Half Baked
8. American History X
9. Lethal Weapon 4
10. Hook

Do you know my poetry?
My top Ten
1.Pulp Fiction
2.Magnolia
3.Boogie Nights
4.Saving Private Ryan
5.Forrest Gump
6.The Producers
7.Dogma
8.Minority Report
9.Being John Malkovich
10.Adaptation

There are soo many I can keep going and going but I'll just post these ten.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by UserName
.4. Gone In 60 Seconds, Nicholos Cage
Well actually a sequel came out on DVD a few weeks ago.

Only for the weak
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction
Apocalypse Now
American History X
Unforgiven

i can't agree with any of these... and here's why.. first list from "Ezikiel"

1.Pulp Fiction - NOPE... one of the key elements of this movies indoducing/getting to know the characters.. wouldn't work again.

2.Magnolia - Way over-rated movie... the characters were bleek, borking, and predictable.... NO need for it.

3.Boogie Nights - Half way decent movie, but where could this go? Dirk hands over the reigns to a younger porsatr? e re-builds his career.. aka things go good fo him for once? Nothing there... Borning.

4.Saving Private Ryan - He lives... no need to save him again... Plus ther is nobody really left TO SAVE him... seeing as how most of them died.

5.Forrest Gump - Too anoying... NEXT.

6.The Producers - Hmmm... maybe... but who really remembers this movie? Nope....

7.Dogma - Movie ended fine... tied up all loose ends.. no need for it.

8.Minority Report - SEE DOGMA... NEXT.

9.Being John Malkovich - This movie is cool once or twice around, but NO... a sequel could ad nothing except a crappy re-hash of the original...

10.Adaptation - No reason for it.. really.. i swear.

Next for "UserName's" List...

1. Scarface, with Al Pachino - Have you actually seen this movie? Nuff' Said

2. Godfather 3 - Nope.. Worst in the series... no need to continue... despite the vain attempts... aka.. the ****ty novels still being pumped out by the writer of the novels these movies are based on.

3. Gone with the Wind - Already had a sequel... Scarrlet... NEXT.

4. Gone In 60 Seconds, Nicholos Cage - It's make a ton -O- money, but it't just wrong to make a sequel to a movie like this... I enjoy this movie, but a sequel would be too much.

5. Romeo and Juliet, movie of play. - Ummmmm... they both died... this gonna be a movie about what happens at the funeral?

6. Titanic - Once again... EVERYONE DIES... are we makine movies or autopsy videos here?

7. Half Baked - NO... plain and simple...

8. American History X - Excellent movie... i considered this... possibly Edward Norton's character fights to take down the hete.. but then I think NO... too many chances to taint the original materpiece... too risky.

9. Lethal Weapon 4 - 4 was enough.. let it go...

10. Hook - Once again... simply NO... horrible movie... even for kids

Finally.. "Muzzy's" List

Goodfellas - Nope... based on a true story... aka... the rest of this guy's story is boring... he's a drunk that sometimes appears on the Howard Stern Show... who cares...

Pulp Fiction - Already covered this one.... NOPE

Apocalypse Now - NO WAY IN HELL...

American History X - Already explaned this... NEXT

Unforgiven - No... great movie... Eastwood is too old... and it wouldn't work... with his old ass, or a different actor... and I know some of you might be thinking Prequel... NO NO NO!

A novel adaptation.
You're kind of a dick.

Only for the weak
I think you totally mis-understood what this post was about. It wasn't called "What are your favorite movies that you think sould have sequels" It's your favorite movies that simply don't have a sequel, I wasn't implying on any movies that I listed that they should have a sequel.

I think they all stand well enough on their own really.

P.S. I agree with Herod...

Finally... My List...

01. The Usual Suspects... Not really a sequel, but a new story about somone else's dealings with Keyser Soze would be a welcomed treat.

02. Snatch.... Stephan Graham's character [Turkish] having another ****ed up day would be fun... the characters in that movie were so hilarious and fun it would and could work.

03. Mad Max.... There needs to be a forth film... that's all there is to it.

04. Hellraiser.... Nothing after part 2 counts in my book... make me a real part three to this excellent series

05. Rushmoore.... Maybe Max the king of all can become a teacher at the famed school. Damn that movie was great.

06. The Thing.... Simply a masterpiece of modern horror... Get John Carpenter to write it and direct it... get Kurt Russel back... and it would be GODLIKE...

07. The Frighteners.... Peter Jackson... genius... get him to write/direct this sucker.... get Michael J. Fox back and you got a great new adventure from the original gut that see's dead people.

08. American Psycho.... The real part 2 doesn't count... get Christian Bale... aka BATMAN! back as Patrick Bateman... make his murders real... and it'll friggin' rule.

09. Suicide Kings.... Not really a sequel again, but make a new movie about Christopher Walken's character... throw in Dennis Leary again and the original writer wo did a great job and it's gold.10

10. Legend... Ridley Scott, Tom Cruise, Mia Sara... A new adventure in that wonderful world... NUFF SAID!

If that was your intention than cool... i guess I took it the wrong way... sorry dude...

and as per my defense... i don't feel ike an *******... i think it's every movie-buff's god given duty to defend their opinion to the death no harm intended... really... not here to make enemies.

Ummmm, well off the top of my head, Lawrence of Arabia, Casablanca, BladeRunner, GoodFellas, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Once Upon A Time in the West, The Seventh Seal, The Wild Bunch, Rashomon and North by Northwest. All great movies, no sequels.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I enjoy being petty. Even this is petty.
You too are petty.

Up with pett.