Best movie Without a Sequel

Tools    

District B13
This is completely unrelated but if there were to be the final trilogy as Lucas originally intended, who would take charge of them?

I hope it wouldn't be Nolan/Burton/Singer. I love their movies but they are enveloped in darkness and fantastical realms. Star Wars only mimics their styles to an extent, and then leaves dry what they've been known to do.

Michael Bay would be good as a producer, he would make the special effects worthwhile. But I don't think he's capable of an epic script or movie that Lucas and His directors managed beforehand. But as the role of a producer it would be good.

James Cameron is interesting, but I would shy away from that train of thought as he would likely turn into one of his movies. I like his movies, but something about his style of storytelling just screams, "I made this movie".

If anything, I think Peter Jackson, if given the script, could conduct the final trilogy in the best way other than if Lucas himself was in charge.

Who would do the script?

Not the writer for Snakes on a plane, that's for sure.

But back to the subject. The best movie without a sequel is Glory. It is my favorite movie of all time and it doesn't have a sequel. Therefore it is the best movie without a sequel.

A movie which I think can only be done once is The Usual Suspects. I understand that it was talked about doing a sequel, but all of TUS was about it's mystery. Sure they could make the next hollywood twist and make things crazy and who is Keysor Soze, etc. But this movie was a one trick pony perfected. If you need that one trick it performs, but doing it again would kill the fun of it.

Here to support the villians.......
I will give this thread ago:

1. Goodfellas
2. The Usual Suspects
3. Leon
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. L.A Confidential
6. Magnolia
7. Batman Begins (I can have that right?)
8. Seven
9. Heat
10. American Beauty.

1. history of the world part 1
2. robin hood men in tights
3. goodfellas
4. usual suspects
5. platoon
6. hamburger hill
7. saving private ryan
8. full metal jacket
9. we were soldiers
10. the patriot

District B13
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham
I will give this thread ago:

1. Goodfellas
2. The Usual Suspects
3. Leon
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. L.A Confidential
6. Magnolia
7. Batman Begins (I can have that right?)
8. Seven
9. Heat
10. American Beauty.
Much like the argument, Does a different director or a straight to video movie count? They do count, regardless of different directors or styles or worthlessness.

So, you cannot have Batman Begins.

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
So, you cannot have Batman Begins.
Um, yes he can.

A sequel to Batman Begins has not yet been committed to celluloid

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
hmmm...I just made a post awfully similar to this one the other day in the sequels forum...

District B13
Originally Posted by Lance McCool
Um, yes he can.

A sequel to Batman Begins has not yet been committed to celluloid
I suppose I understand where you are coming from then. That it is an original spin off of the series.

However, one thing I must ask is that shouldn't straight to video titles (read: all skulls sequels) be discoutned as well? Since they distort the director and writer and concept for their own perversion.

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
Okay two things.

-How come no one get at least one Jim Carrey comedies? Most of them are the best comedies (Ace Ventura and Bruce almighty are the best for me but I leave yours to your discretion) And by the way, not many comedies...comedies are movies too. The best movies ever made were comedies...I, in fact only like comedies but I pretend I like other genders so I can watch them and say how much they suck(like signs but I won't say the many reasons why...this time). What remembers me of my second point...

-MAGNOLIA!? TWO TIMES!? How can two people in the world like magnolia!? It's an "Story about people" Yeah right...and frog rains too but who cares...by the way what is the frog rain simbolism? I didn't get it...it means the charachter lives was so gross full of disgusting things that a frog rain would be better than their usual lives? And Tom Cruise's character was what? An ADD? I dunno but he kept hopiing like a crazy rabbit with thights so I needed to fast foward to save my eyeballs from burning. And the cancer old guy? The directors of the movie couldn't make him talk faster? I needed to fastforward with subtitles so I didn't need to wait an hour for him to finish each sentence so when he finished one I forgot the before. Again if some caring soul could post something explaining the frog rain it would really help.
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

I See You When You're Sleeping
'Best movie Without a Sequel '? This thread is stupid!

What about....

'Best Prequel to the sequel'.