Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

That's what I got from the article. I doubt anyone is going to give in to it because moderate Muslims themselves don't even want it. Utterly ludicrous and you know, sociopathically insane. My own personal take on Isis - I just think they're lunatics who like murdering people. As Captain said earlier they have a similar brain disorder to rabies.
This thread is like some sort of magnet, isn't it?

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
There was a lady in the Manchester arena who reported a man acting suspiciously to the security guards. She thinks it was the terrorist. Instead of taking her seriously, they told her off and inferred she was being a racist.
Must toe the line...

MI5, does the 5 mean they must be told at least 5 times?

REPORT: UK security services were warned 5 times about Manchester attacker Salman Abedi
He told friends "being a suicide bomber was okay," something that led them to contact an anti-terrorism hotline run by the British government.

A community worker who knew Abedi had been worried he was "supporting terrorism" and had expressed the view that "being a suicide bomber was ok," the BBC reported late on Wednesday.

Didsbury Mosque — attended by Abedi in the past — contacted the Home Office's Prevent programme about Abedi. Prevent is an anti-radicalisation programme.

Two people who knew Abedi at college made calls about him to the authorities, the BBC added.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/securi...e-times-2017-5

No I agree. But the country could have been completely overwhelmed. They were running out of money, arms, munitions, etc. Britain was virtually fighting the war alone in Europe as most all other countries had been invaded. Then US stepped in with the Lend Lease agreement to help out before they joined the war.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge admirer of Churchill - I consider him the greatest statesman of the 20th century.
Totally agree. My father's generation always complained that America came in too late, etc., etc., but without them the outcome of WWII would have been radically different.

Loved Churchill's comment post Battle of Britain. He was asked Is this the beginning of the end? No, he replied, but it is the end of the beginning.

During the IRA bombing campaign in the U.K., at least the terrorists had a coherent demand: Britain out of Northern Ireland.
Never thought I would see someone praising the IRA.

I don't think you've seen it even now. Seems like he was simply pointing out the distinction between dealing with an enemy whose demands are amorphous (or even just punitive), and dealing with one whose demands are known and specific.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Never thought I would see someone praising the IRA.
My father supported the IRA. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist, as they say, but as Yoda said, Don didn't give an opinion. He was comparing IRA's demand to that of Daesh.

Must toe the line...

MI5, does the 5 mean they must be told at least 5 times?

REPORT: UK security services were warned 5 times about Manchester attacker Salman Abedi
http://uk.businessinsider.com/securi...e-times-2017-5
Well, perhaps they didn't want to seem "racist" and importune the dear chap? Seems to be the norm in this crazy PC world we live in....

I'll bet though, if someone had been denounced as making "racist" comments about a certain religion, the police would be there in a shot! I mean what else do they have to do? It's not as if they have any serious crimes to investigate, now is it?

My father supported the IRA.
Going to pretend I didn't see this post & move out of this thread toute suite.

Going to pretend I didn't see this post & move out of this thread toute suite.
Why? He was traumatised for life after seeing the ballistics reports at the Widgery Tribunal. He supported the IRA, as did a lot of people of his generation, and he never forgave what the military did to young people on that horrific day. Not much I can do about his opinion after what he saw. It was probably also cemented in his mind when he walked out of a pub that night and was almost shot by soldiers. No point pretending you didnt see it. Once again, it's not like I gave my own opinion on the IRA.

And that sums up the insanity of Daesh and shows why they are not observant Muslims or representatives of that ideology. Killing innocent Muslims in an icecream parlor during the holy month of Ramadan. Freaks!

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...230710218.html

And that sums up the insanity of Daesh and shows why they are not observant Muslims or representatives of that ideology. Killing innocent Muslims in an icecream parlor during the holy month of Ramadan. Freaks!

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...230710218.html
Umm... I agree with the sentiment, but as far as representing the ideology: Muslims have been killing Muslims (along with people of all other religions) for 1400 years, so it indeed does seem to be an inherent PART of the ideology.

I won't link sites because it might get some people upset, but there are sites that keep a running tally of Islamic attacks on Muslims (and others) during Ramadan every year. And every year it is a frenzy of violence (that's been occurring long before anyone ever heard of Daesh). Today I heard a radio show on this very subject and they referred to a site we won't mention that tracks what they call the "Ramadan Bomb-a-thon."

I don't know if the Washington Times is considered one of the "conspiracy theory" websites I've been accused of linking or following (this site and eBay are the only ones I actually "follow"), but it's the first that comes up in a search for Ramadan attacks:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...killing-begin/

Here we go again, round and round. Daesh who claimed ownership of that attack on kids in an icecream parlor do NOT represent Islam. That has been discussed in this thread as recent as yesterday but you just want to keep banging on that Islamist terrorists DO represent the religion. Jaysus. You couldnt even comment on the dead kids. One of them was a 12 year old kid from my own country visiting her sick grandpa which is expected of Muslims during Ramadan. Oh no...just go back to the usual diatribe.

Here we go again, round and round. Daesh who claimed ownership of that attack on kids in an icecream parlor do NOT represent Islam. That has been discussed in this thread as recent as yesterday but you just want to keep banging on that Islamist terrorists DO represent the religion. Jaysus. You couldnt even comment on the dead kids. One of them was a 12 year old kid from my own country visiting her sick grandpa which is expected of Muslims during Ramadan. Oh no...just go back to the usual diatribe.
Well, yes... because people keep denying there's any link whatsoever between Islamic Terrorism and Islam. I used to joke that soon Obama was going to make a speech saying "There is absolutely nothing in Islam that has ANYTHING to do in any way with Islam."

Perhaps if a beginning point in combating or preventing terrorism could at least be acknowledging the truth about the ideology that causes it, there might be less dead kids.

As the article said, body counts speak louder than all the people denying what Islam teaches (and what many Muslims believe and what some Muslims carry out).

Dear sweet baby jesus. This thread was set up for you by the OP and I can see why.

RIP to the murdered and injured by psychopaths (now tallying at approx 100) and their families.

Dear sweet baby jesus. This thread was set up for you by the OP and I can see why.

RIP to the murdered and injured by psychopaths (now tallying at approx 100) and their families.
Actually... (I think multiple people went over this a few times) the thread was set up by the OP so I (or others) wouldn't be making a new thread for every new terror attack. I don't mean to speak for the OP, but I'm pretty sure I got his intent from multiple explanations. (sooo... I guess you are kind of correct in a way, depending on how you look at it - the OP set this thread up so that every new attack could be confined to one thread, not just for me, but for anyone wishing to report or discuss.)

Actually... (I think multiple people went over this a few times) the thread was set up by the OP so I (or others) wouldn't be making a new thread for every new terror attack. I don't mean to speak for the OP, but I'm pretty sure I got his intent from multiple explanations. (sooo... I guess you are kind of correct in a way, depending on how you look at it - the OP set this thread up so that every new attack could be confined to one thread, not just for me, but for anyone wishing to report or discuss.)

I share you feelings, Dani. This is a discussion thread and discussing does not equal insensitivity (I take it, that's what you were trying to intimate by the reposting of your already expressed sentiments.)

Not directing this at anyone, but I can't help but think about this when I hear condolences after terror attacks. Nothing wrong with them, but they don't serve any real purpose towards preventing the next terror attack.

Some may find this idea offensive (and not just for the foul language)...

This thread was set by me so that anyone can post anything on terror . What can i do if captain steel is more persistent on the thread .

BTW , you can also post about the alleged 'atrocities' that Pakistan claims are being committed by Indian security forces in Kashmir by calling them as terror , since you have so much sympathy for their cause and call kashmiris as pakistanis . Who's stopping you ?

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist,
Yeah . Kashmiri militants are terrorists for me and freedom fighters for you .