‘School Of Rock 2’ Is Under Consideration By Jack Black

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2024/03/school-...ck-1235866576/

The School of Rock may be back with Black.

In an interview with JOE, Jack Black was asked about his 2003 hit film, School of Rock. He raised hopes when he responded, “I’m ready.”

“I wish there’d be a School of Rock 2: Electric Boogaloo, he said, giving a shout-out to the 1984 sequel to Breakin’, titled Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo.

For the uninitiated, in School of Rock, Black played Dewey Finn, a substitute teacher who enlists some misfit students to form a rock band. The film later inspired a Broadway musical adaptation

Black has teased a sequel before, but has always backed away from his comments in later interviews, so fans shouldn’t get hopes too high. Any sequel would have to have the original rock students assume the role of parents, since they are largely in their 30s now.

Bring it on!

I love School of Rock.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa