Tools    

i guess my guess is

Odd Man Out is to CR
Ride the Pink Horse is to Cricket
Beauty and the Beast to Jeff
Day of Wrath to CosmicRunaway
I Remember Mama to Camo

the rest of them are just kind of blending
I'm the only one who has revealed what my nom is and it's not that I'm also 99% sure i've got Day of Wrath right and it's not Cosmics.

My whole point about The Ghost and Mrs. Muir is that if I ever thought anyone had any interest in a ghost story HoF (I would love to do one), that would've been the film that I would've nominated for that one.
I'd totally join a Ghost/Supernatural HoF.

For now, I'll just say I've seen 5 of them including my own. Nobody has guessed what I nominated yet. Beauty and the Beast lol f**kin Camo.

Here's my nom for the Ghost HOF now Vamp.

when is this ghost HOF? sounds interesting

That would've challenged His Girl Friday for my #1.
I was going to say that maybe I made a mistake in nominating what I did but...I stand by it.

Despite the fact that I haven't seen it in nearly 20 years.
And the fact that I think most people won't actually like it.

I don't know if it is happening, Vamp was just saying it would be interesting to do one.

I was only joking with that post. Because, i mean... it's called Ghost Dad. I've not seen it but it has to be some sort of masterpiece, right?

I won't say now what my second choice was, because than everybody would know my nomination, but I'll say some films that were definitiely under consideration.

I strongly considered Sciuscia by De Sica but ultimately decided against it because I thought it was too thematically and atmospherically similar to my nomination in 13th HoF. I also thought of perhaps nominating some of Visconti's 40's stuff and I had Brute Force by Jules Dassin as possible blind nomination. Speaking of Dassin, I found it really shame that his film "Night and the City" didn't come out couple of months earlier to be eligible, because it would possibly be my first choice.

This is funny. I said something last night to my mother about how these films will be revealed today. I said to her "I bet someone will nominate Double Indemnity and the French Beauty and the Beast".
That's some good guessing, Vamp. I only expected one film to be nominated, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and it was

I also said "I hope someone nominates something like I Remember Mama", and I said "I really hope nobody nominates The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I want people to watch it, but not right now".

My whole point about The Ghost and Mrs. Muir is that if I ever thought anyone had any interest in a ghost story HoF (I would love to do one), that would've been the film that I would've nominated for that one.
There's been lots of movies that have been nominated twice. Laura was in the last 40s Hof and before that in the Film noir, same with Double Indemnity. A Ghost Story Hof Now that you've mentioned it, you have to do it...and you got dibs on The Ghost and Mrs. Muir for that one too (unless it wins here).

I'm thinking Double Indemnity is a strong contender for #1 spot.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Did anyone else have trouble with deciding on the nomination? Funnily enough, my final two choices came down to films by the same director. Also I'm curious to hear what others alternatives were, if anyone is willing to share.
I considered what was one of my choices with the first 40's HoF (which I was unable to participate in), which was The Picture of Dorian Gray. And even after I nominated what I nominated (yes, I am being careful as to not reveal which is mine ), I still considered The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Others that I considered were:
Penny Serenade
Mrs. Miniver
Going My Way
Woman of the Year
Now, Voyager
The Corn is Green

I don't know if it is happening, Vamp was just saying it would be interesting to do one.

I was only joking with that post. Because, i mean... it's called Ghost Dad. I've not seen it but it has to be some sort of masterpiece, right?
OMG Ghost Dad! LOL

I was going to say that maybe I made a mistake in nominating what I did but...I stand by it.

Despite the fact that I haven't seen it in nearly 20 years.
And the fact that I think most people won't actually like it.

I know what your movie is, and I'm looking forward to watching it. I think it looks very promising.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I'd totally join a Ghost/Supernatural HoF.
A Ghost Story Hof Now that you've mentioned it, you have to do it
If there is enough interest (and so far there is a little bit of an interest in it ), I will do it. It wouldn't be for awhile, of course. There are other HoF's that need to happen before that one, but I am completely up for doing one like that.

I came up with this idea last year. I just happened to watch 3 films that centered around a ghostly theme over one weekend. One was more horror (although I never consider them to be too horrific), one was suspense and the other was a comedy. So ghost story films do come in a variety of genres. I think it would be an interesting one to do.

I've never seen it, but hey! It could be nominated.

On a serious note: i do love Ghost Story films and well...stories, usually even badly made/told ones. I think anyone who has read my posts here knows i'm extremely skeptical and don't believe in ghosts at all but i do love taking myself out of that and allowing myself to be creeped out.

My girlfriends mum told me a (according to her real) story that may be ghost or may be intruder that chilled me to my core the other week

The most loathsome of all goblins
I was then hoping it would be They Died With Their Boots On, but I will take Gentleman Jim.
It was a very close call between those two films, actually. I love them both, but I chose Gentleman Jim because it's Flynn's personal fave of all the movies he starred in.

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks of it. I'm also pleased to say I've only seen five of the noms. It'll make this so much more fun

My guess:

I Remember Mama - Ed
His Girl Friday - Vamp
Double Indemnity - Raul
Gentleman Jim - Blix
Unfaithfully Yours - Nestorio
Beauty and the Beast - Cricket (in my head i saw a big rating from Cricket of this but i may be imagining it)
Day of Wrath - Thursday Next
Body and Soul - JeffCostello
The Sea Wolf - Cosmic
Ride the Pink Horse - Citizen
The Ghost and Mrs Muir - gbg
Pretty good you got 3 right.

i guess my guess is

Odd Man Out is to CR
Ride the Pink Horse is to Cricket
Beauty and the Beast to Jeff
Day of Wrath to CosmicRunaway
I Remember Mama to Camo

the rest of them are just kind of blending
You got 0 right.

Just some random guesses

Ed-Sea Hawk
Jeff-Day of Wrath
Thursday-Beauty and the Beast
CR-Pink Horse
GB-His Girl Friday
You got 1 right.

Alright any more guesses, before I post who nominated the films?