New Live Action Anime Adaptations

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Along with Ghost in the Shell, there are a few new live action adaptations of anime/manga coming soon:

Blade of the Immortal (Spring 2017 in Japan): Directed by Takashi Miike, the film revolves around a samurai who vows to kill 1000 men as penance for his sins. Takuya Kimura plays the samurai.

Gintama
(summer 2017 in Japan): In an alternate feudal Tokyo, aliens have invaded and a samurai warrior looks for work. Shun Oguri, Masaki Suda, and Kanna Hashimoto star in the film.

Fullmetal Alchemist (December 2017 in Japan): Ryosuke Yamada stars as alchemist Edward Elric, who searches for the philosophers stone to restore his bodies after a failed attempt to bring his mother back to life using alchemy. Fumihiko Sori directed the film.

Hurricane Polymar (2017 in Japan): Koichi Sakamoto of the Alpha Stunts is directing a live action adaptation version which revolves around a detective who fights crime using a brand new suit made of a special polymer that is stronger than steel. The original anime series aired in the 1970's from the makers of Gatchaman. Junpei Mizobata will play the titular character.

In Japan they make like 50 movies adapted out of manga every year. Manga in Japan is like novels in the West so many movies and live action TV shows are adapted from manga besides animation.

Fullmetal Alchemist just can't keep me from being hyped.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is getting the live action treatment as well, adapting the story arc "Diamond is Unbreakable". Takashi Miike is directing the film with Kento Yamazaki as the central character of Jōsuke Higashikata.

Well I hope they butcher everything like usual. The only I hope miike nailed some fun bloody fest in blade of immortal.

I just learned that Blade of the Immortal will be coming to the United States. Magnet, Magnolia Pictures' Asian cinema subsidiary, will be releasing the film here (Woohoo!!!)

November 3 - Blade of the Immortal hits the U.S....they better play it near me LOL