Best NON-Actor

Tools    

So I'm sure we've all noticed rappers, rockstars, and athletes turning up in movies from time to time. So-called "Artists" like Lindsey Lohan certainly blur the borders in order to suck in MULTIPLE art-forms simultaneously. But it ain't all bad. So of the NON-Actors who've taken a swing at the acting game, what are your favorites and LEAST Favorites?

For me, I like:

1. Mos Def- I think he's a GREAT actor, funny, witty, charismatic.

2. Michael Jordan- he was on Saturday Night Live once back in the day and TOTALLY cracked me up, very good.

3. Bob Dylan- I thought he just exuded "cool" in that otherwise not-so-hot movie "Masked and Anonymous," but admittedly my love of Dylan makes it seem better than it probably was, lol.

4. Mark Wahlberg- went from being a mediocre pop-star to being a slightly above mediocre actor.

DISLIKES:

1. Shaq in EVERY frame of his various attempts to be an action star.

Francis Albert Sinatra had a pretty good run, including winning an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. He worked in different genres and styles over his long and successful acting career. From Here to Eternity, The Man with the Golden Arm, The Manchurian Candidate and Some Came Running are among the thespian highlights.

Bing Crosby did pretty well, too. Great dramatic work in movies like The Country Girl and Going My Way, also winning an Oscar (Best Actor) in the process, and of course ease with Musical and Comedy roles, especially the timelessly fun "Road" Pictures with Bob Hope.

If you look at King Creole, The Flaming Star and even Jailhouse Rock it's apparent Elvis Presley could have done more and better work in Hollywood as an actor. Unfortunately they just wanted him cranking out those silly one-note "Elvis Movies" that were the same plot over and over again, just changing location and occupation in their excuses for The King to croon and shake his hips.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am having a nervous breakdance
Björk was pretty good in Dancer in the Dark even though it's not my favourite film.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Every breath you take, watching you
[sarcasm]I'm waiting for Shakira to be in something, think she could be great as say 'Joan of Arc'[/sarcasm]

I liked Frank Sinatra in Suddenly, enjoyed how he could play a mad dog killer which was somewhat at odds with his singing career.

Never liked Henry Rollins as an actor much. Just seemed as though he was Henry, but in a different costume. I'd even prefer Jesse 'the body' Ventura quite frankly.

Although it's a bit of a case of 'the chicken & the egg', Dean Martin's swaggering style with cocktail glass & cigarette in hand always appealed, even in the 'Matt Helm" spy spoof series. Bonus points that he rarely read scipts beforehand, prefering to read them just before shooting so it would be more spontaneous.

Meatloaf in fight club. Awesome guys awesome.

Originally Posted by m0dern_pr0phet
Meatloaf in fight club. Awesome guys awesome.
i agree. great movie too.

Hate

Madonna
Jessica Simpson
Paris Hilton

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by PappaSteve
3. Bob Dylan- I thought he just exuded "cool" in that otherwise not-so-hot movie "Masked and Anonymous," but admittedly my love of Dylan makes it seem better than it probably was, lol.
Having you ever seen Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid ?

He sucked so bad it was beyond belief.

I did like the "How's Jesus look to you now, Bob?" scene.

Here's a video of it on YouTube.

&mode=related&search=

Originally Posted by Loner
Having you ever seen Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid ?

He sucked so bad it was beyond belief.

I did like the "How's Jesus look to you now, Bob?" scene.

Here's a video of it on YouTube.

&mode=related&search=

Never seen it- but he also did the soundtrack, which I have and enjoy, so I don't much need to see the movie. I'll check it out though.

I liked Xzibit in Derailed, but it's the only flick I've seen him in.

I found "Ice Cube" in "Mean Guns" to be quite entertaining... Christopher Lambert does it best lol.

Eminem Did An Awesome Job In 8 Mile, He Was The Main Character, I Love Him Even More Now!!

Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe
I found "Ice Cube" in "Mean Guns" to be quite entertaining... Christopher Lambert does it best lol.
come on.... he sucked in that movie