Paul Thomas Anderson's new movie shooting in Sacramento

Tools    

PTA has been making headlines in Northern California lately... because he's shooting his new movie in Sacramento and other nearby locations.

Not much is known about the movie, other than it is being made for WB, it stars Leonardo DiCaprio, and is rumored to be based on Thomas Pynchon’s 1990 novel “Vineland.”

Oh, and also, it reportedly has a budget of well over $100m, making it the biggest-budget movie PTA has ever directed.

PT Anderson getting a hundred million dollars to make a movie based on the notoriously difficult to adapt Pynchon sounds great for my personal tastes, but also sounds like the kind of film destined to blow up his career.

WB has announced a release date - and they are promising an IMAX release as well!

PT Anderson getting a hundred million dollars to make a movie based on the notoriously difficult to adapt Pynchon sounds great for my personal tastes, but also sounds like the kind of film destined to blow up his career.
He did one already. So

I know..and it kinda flopped, but at least it didn't have a gigantic budget to haunt him with like this might
Did you like Inherent Vice? I took a friend who is a big PTA fan. She hated it so much we left in the middle of it.
I could see The Crying of Lot 49 being made into a movie. Maybe? It's short and it moves so fast. Though it is about stamp collecting. I don't know?

Did you like Inherent Vice? I took a friend who is a big PTA fan. She hated it so much we left in the middle of it.
I could see The Crying of Lot 49 being made into a movie. Maybe? It's short and it moves so fast. Though it is about stamp collecting. I don't know?

Loved it. I'm hoping I remembered it for my neo noirs list