Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Have you seen Come and see though?
yes, it's not a WWI movie, they are not alike.
By genre I thought you meant war movies in general.

yes, it's not a WWI movie, they are not alike.
Idi i smotri (Come and see) is not like any other film I've seen never mind just war films....its on a plane of its own.

Horror anthology from Mexico where each story has a connection to Mexican folklore. As with most anthology films there are some hits and usually a lot of misses and this was no different. Two segments stand out - the Troll and the homeless guy- not because they were so good but because they were so disgusting/brutal. Of the 8 films one was pretty good, four were ok because they were so disgusting/awful and 3 were bad. Not a good date or family night film.

Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)

I believe this is an existential movie, although I can't confirm that since I don't know what it means. It is a new favorite for me when it comes to road and car movies. It's sort of like Easy Rider for cars but this doesn't have the striking moments. However, I thought this was more consistent. There's four main characters; music legends James Taylor and Dennis Wilson as the driver and mechanic of a souped up 55 Chevy, Warren Oates as the driver of a stock GTO, and some girl who plays some girl. The boys are just roaming from state to state and getting into races. I'm not sure what the story is with Oates' character, since he tells a different story to everyone he meets. Anyway, they meet up and become rivals, and also develope a sort of friendship. The girl just tags along with whoever. It's a very American movie, and I even had John Mellencamp's Pink Houses playing in my head. Minimal but suitable dialogue, and no real plot. It's an experience, and one I very much enjoyed.

Unregistered User
Have you seen the Paradise Lost trilogy? They are a far better telling of the story than West of Memphis in my opinion.

Strangely enough, I watched the first one some years back and didn't like it. I'm more prepared now to rewatch it. I recall having an issue with the quality of how it was filmed but I would probably look at it a lot different now than back then.

Unregistered User
Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)

I believe this is an existential movie, although I can't confirm that since I don't know what it means. It is a new favorite for me when it comes to road and car movies. It's sort of like Easy Rider for cars but this doesn't have the striking moments. However, I thought this was more consistent. There's four main characters; music legends James Taylor and Dennis Wilson as the driver and mechanic of a souped up 55 Chevy, Warren Oates as the driver of a stock GTO, and some girl who plays some girl. The boys are just roaming from state to state and getting into races. I'm not sure what the story is with Oates' character, since he tells a different story to everyone he meets. Anyway, they meet up and become rivals, and also develope a sort of friendship. The girl just tags along with whoever. It's a very American movie, and I even had John Mellencamp's Pink Houses playing in my head. Minimal but suitable dialogue, and no real plot. It's an experience, and one I very much enjoyed.

Been wanting to watch this for a while, sounds great. Nice honest review there Crick.

Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)

Great comments cricket....I bl00dy loved this film...and I'm not sure even why.

Streamed this on Hulu (once in a while they have a good movie). Expected nothing from it, but it’s a really sweet movie. Very good.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Mugamoodi = Wing Chun + Superhero Movie = Pretty good, but the romantic angle was crap and the biggest flaw of the film. Lead actors Jiiva and Pooja Hegde have virtually zero chemistry and it seemed more forced. However, the savior comes in the action by Hong Kong's Tony Leung Siu-Hung, who utilized Wing Chun in the martial arts choroegraphy.

Final Rating: 2.5 out of 5

I think there is decent movie in there somewhere in between the bad howling of women and bad props. Just couldn't find it. 4/10.

No sorry, I did wonder if their was a better word but I meant WWI movies in general or in the trenches more specifically .. of which there seem to me to be so few in comparison to WWII movies, especially of late

Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)

You've gotten a bit of feedback on this movie and I'm pleased to see that. I feel exactly like you do on this one, cricket. The movie was just kind of there, and I liked the heck out of it. Plus, I love the 55 Chevy. Gimme 55 thru 57 Belaires, please.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Phantom Thread (2017, Paul Thomas Anderson)

Daniel Day-Lewis is brilliant here (as is Lesley Manville), and the film is simply exquisite, if a bit thin plot-wise.
It's like a delicate gourmet dish - understated but rich in style and nuance.
EXTRA reps for that beautiful description!!

No sorry, I did wonder if their was a better word but I meant WWI movies in general or in the trenches more specifically .. of which there seem to me to be so few in comparison to WWII movies, especially of late
Oh ok lol. That is true I think its because World war ii is more iconic overall especially with the nazis and such so its more appealing to make a film about.

Dude you should watch The Great war (1959) if you havent. Its Italian and its labled as a comedy but it still has a very realistic depiction of trench warfare and some very powerful scenes imo. One of my favorite films ever.

Also its World war 2 but Cross of iron takes place a lot in the trenches.