What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The Village (i don't get why people hate this)

I think it's because it's crap.

But you bought Psycho and Chinatown in one hit, so you're forgiven.

Only a fiver. I've not seen the 3rd one and that'll probably stay that way, but the first two have got to be a fiver of anyone's money.

You might as well watch the third one honeykid, I mean, it is Axel Foley. $5 is a steal.

And The Village is closer to crap than, well whatever the opposite of crap is.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Then again, what I said before is coming from a huge fan of M. Night Shymalan.

I like his first three films (excluding the one with Rosie O'Donnell which Yoda says isn't as bad as it sounds). The next three, not so much. But hey, that's just me.

The Village is far from crap. M. Night Shyamalan is one of my tippy-top favorite directors, and after Signs, The Village is my favorite Shyamalan film. It's easily his most visually beautiful to date.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this

Thank you the first time i watched that it was about four in the morning and i was for some reason that probably has to do with a certain monthly women visitor (sorry if that's too much information) i was super emotional and was crying super hard while watching that movie and everytime i recovered something else bad happened but i still love it a lot, i actually watched it again the next day because i wanted to show it to my friend and then i thought back and was like...yeah...i can't believe i cried that hard

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The Village (i don't get why people hate this)
First off, what did FYE have going on a buy 1 get 7 free sale?

Secondly, The Village while I don't remember much about it because I've only seen it once, what I remember of it is not a total wash, but compared to M. Night's other films, it's at the bottom of the list, with Lady in the Water just a few points ahead of it.

Thanks for sharing about your monthly "visitor."
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

In the Beginning...
Have most recently purchased:

Waiting
The Ninth Gate
National Treasure
The Fifth Element
Quantum of Solace
Barton Fink
($6.00 at Borders!)
Slumdog Millionaire

Re: The Village

I think it's one of Shyamalan's strongest because the surface story really works well in tandum with the deeper theme. When you get into it, it's not so much a true monster flick as it is a commentary on internal torment, and the idea that everything we would love to run away from lives inside us, and can't be extracted. I also like how it's the kind of film that's both demoralizing and uplifting all at once, and both feel genuine.

The first time I saw The Village, though, I have to admit I didn't see much of it. I was making out for most of the movie.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The first time I saw The Village, though, I have to admit I didn't see much of it. I was making out for most of the movie.
You were necking! That's almost as bad as necking through Schindler's List!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My Battlestar Collection turned up today so I got allot of watching ahead of my