Donnie Darko: Director's Cut

Tools    

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by jrs
All that's known is Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut will be released in the Summer of 2004. Any other information , when known, I will post up. .

Damnit..I just bought that movie...guess I will give it to my parents because I will definately be picking that one up, loved that movie.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

I ate all your bees.
That was one movie I had to watch a few times...A serious mind trip. Infact I still dont really get it

Originally posted by Endless
"Damnit..I just bought that movie..."

Yeah, I know how you feel, I just got this movie too, hopefully in the release of the directors cut DVD they include totally new extra features and commentaries, then I would definitely get it.
Excellent movie by the way!

There is a good article by director Richard Kelley here: Darko Info

I have also read that McFarlene Toys is working on a bunny doll baised on the one from the movie.

Peace,
Steve

Originally Posted by jrs
All that's known is Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut will be released in the Summer of 2004. Any other information , when known, I will post up. .

Maybe I should state, in case you are confused....Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut is going to released "theatrically" in 2004. That's if anyone thought I meant DVD.

I never got to see it in theaters. That's a definant must for me. I'm a HOOGE Donnie Darko fan. Gotta be one of my favorite movies.

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by jrs
Maybe I should state, in case you are confused....Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut is going to released "theatrically" in 2004. That's if anyone thought I meant DVD.

Now that I am glad to hear, because I never got to see it in the theater either. Can't wait for this. Thanx for clearing that up

Didn't see it.
I didn't see it in the theater either. Frankly, I don't even remember it coming out. I wonder why they are re-releasing it. Maybe it got popular enough on video/DVD to warrant it.

Originally Posted by jamesglewisf
I didn't see it in the theater either. Frankly, I don't even remember it coming out. I wonder why they are re-releasing it. Maybe it got popular enough on video/DVD to warrant it.
Actually, after it had been out awhile, it wound up being well recieved, especially after its DvD release. It was made to a strict budget and timeframe, so now with its popularity, its expected to do quite well with its fuller version.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
Well that is fantabulis flippin news I must say...it was never released hear in my portion of the earth. Its good to see... , Poor Kelly in the commentary for the deleted scene..."ohh, this sence...this is one I realy wish we kept in"...like with every single one of them.....and with I believe... all but one, I entirly agree. they cut out some very important charecter developments..with almost all the people in it....anyways its late and I can not spell..so good night.

I can't wait for this, b/c this movie needs to be more recognized and appreciated. It's so great.

I remember reading that Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut was coming out on DVD, but I've heard recently that first it's coming out at cinemas in March 2004, which hopefully, doesn't just include North America.

I'm not the biggest fan of Director's Cut films, but I will go see DD as soon as it comes out.

Can anybody confirm this for me?

I heard about Donnie Darko: Directors Cut coming out on DVD but I didn't hear about it coming out at cinemas. Definately gonna buy the DVD. Donnie Darko is my fav. Movie.

Originally Posted by outTHERE2003uk
I heard about Donnie Darko: Directors Cut coming out on DVD but I didn't hear about it coming out at cinemas. Definately gonna buy the DVD. Donnie Darko is my fav. Movie.
I'm a regular cinema go..er, but for some reason I didn't go to see DD at the pictures! After watching it recently I couldn't beleive what I was missing! The director's cut is just the deleted scenes and some little extras to the orginal I think, but who cares, I only wish I went to see it at the cinema... But if it was to come out in Summer 2004 as I've heard, I have a second chance

Yeah I didn't see Donnie Darko at the cinemas either! I only just saw it on DVD in the summer. But yeah, I guess we get another chance next year. I read an interview with the director and he said it will be a different interpretation of the film and there will be a lot more 80s music in it (Which couldn't be in the original film becuase the company couldn't afford it). I don't think they should change the soundtrack though. It has a great SoundTrack. But the Director's Cut is gonna be interesting...

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I can't wait for this, b/c this movie needs to be more recognized and appreciated. It's so great.
Yeah, I agree. Donnie Darko is my fav film and it deserves a lot more recognition. I think the release of the director's cut will attract more audiences...

I have heard about the DD: DC coming out on DVD so I have been putting off buying it. But YES, it is one of my favorite films too. I would love to see it back in theaters but I have not heard anything about it. If anyone does here keep us up to date with it. I will be buying the DVD though.

Linkin Park Forums

Affordable and Reliable Web Designs and Hosting

Portfolio!!
www.MeteoraStudios.com
www.DigitalEinstein.com
www.LinkinParkForums.com

Whoa...there's a director's cut? Wow, never knew that. I really would like it to be a straight-to-video release though.