Cable TV vs Streaming Services

Tools    

Do you think that cable TV stand any chance against streaming services? If you asked me, like, 10 years ago, I'd say no. But right now... In the pond almost full of ever growing supply of streaming services and ever rising prices of them, I'm not so sure at this point. Several years ago, you had only one option - Netflix. Every studio was leasing content for streaming exclusively to them. Now, at that point, I was fearing of dangerous monopoly that Netflix can get if it continues to rise and cable TV continues to fall as the supplier of streaming content. But competition made it worse in my opinion. Now, almost every major studio has its streaming service (some even more than one). And logically, they started pulling off their content from Netflix to make it exclusive to their own streaming services, which dispersed the content and made consumers buy more and get less. At this point, if you'd sum up all major and semi-major streaming services' subscription fees would be approximately same as a cable TV monthly cost (together with bundled landline telephone number and internet service) and to make things even more ridiculous, competition doesn't seem to lower prices but is doing the other way around process instead. When Netflix was at its peak, I thought that competition will jump in and take their own content back (as it did) but I thought it will be healthy market game on the benefit of the consumers which will make end to the cable TV. But now, I think that cable TV actually not only stand a chance in this fight, but that it can win as well. Cable TV has whole lot variety of content from every studio out there although the biggest drawback is that you can't watch newest content for a some time and that you can't actually watch everything you want whenever you want (which you basically could with Netflix but from the very start it was a bubble ready to burst at one point in my opinion). I honestly think that cable TV will soon have primary spot once again and that streaming services will... Slowly disappear. It's just my opinion, but what's yours? I'd like to hear what you have to say.

I don't think streaming services will disappear at any time in the near future. I think cable tv will continue to dwindle, but will still be around for quite a while for those who want it. There will likely be even more streaming services arriving, some may not last though, but streaming is here to stay and will likely continue to increase in number

Do you think that cable TV stand any chance against streaming services?

I'd like to hear what you have to say.
Yes. Cable companies will continue to change and evolve offering different services and packages. Alot of people are hooked on cable because:

1) They are familiar with it, having grown up with it. So it seems convenient to them.
2) Cable can offer many different channels and local networks, more than any one streaming service can.
3) Cable is how many get their internet, so having cable channels bundled with cable internet feels sensible.

Me? I don't have cable. I can't afford it.

I recently gave up on my cable service after the bill got spit-in-my-face high. I did however get a Roku stick for a nominal price and a decent internet rate from my cellphone provider and turns out there's a veritable buttload of free streaming services to be had. So many that it's hard to pick something out. But if you set out with no particular destination in mind you're bound to run into something that's worth your time. A lot of these do feature commercials but it's no where near as egregious as the ones that ran on cable channels like TV Land. There it was five minutes of program followed by five minutes of commercials. Right now I'm not missing cable at all but I will have to figure something out when football season starts.

BKB
Do you think that cable TV stand any chance against streaming services? If you asked me, like, 10 years ago, I'd say no. But right now... In the pond almost full of ever growing supply of streaming services and ever rising prices of them, I'm not so sure at this point. Several years ago, you had only one option - Netflix. Every studio was leasing content for streaming exclusively to them. Now, at that point, I was fearing of dangerous monopoly that Netflix can get if it continues to rise and cable TV continues to fall as the supplier of streaming content. But competition made it worse in my opinion. Now, almost every major studio has its streaming service (some even more than one). And logically, they started pulling off their content from Netflix to make it exclusive to their own streaming services, which dispersed the content and made consumers buy more and get less. At this point, if you'd sum up all major and semi-major streaming services' subscription fees would be approximately same as a cable TV monthly cost (together with bundled landline telephone number and internet service) and to make things even more ridiculous, competition doesn't seem to lower prices but is doing the other way around process instead. When Netflix was at its peak, I thought that competition will jump in and take their own content back (as it did) but I thought it will be healthy market game on the benefit of the consumers which will make end to the cable TV. But now, I think that cable TV actually not only stand a chance in this fight, but that it can win as well. Cable TV has whole lot variety of content from every studio out there although the biggest drawback is that you can't watch newest content for a some time and that you can't actually watch everything you want whenever you want (which you basically could with Netflix but from the very start it was a bubble ready to burst at one point in my opinion). I honestly think that cable TV will soon have primary spot once again and that streaming services will... Slowly disappear. It's just my opinion, but what's yours? I'd like to hear what you have to say.
I got rid of SPECTRUM Cable and don't regret it for 1 second.. I have internet from SPECTRUM for $35.00 a month..There are simply too many channels you have to pay for that are useless and one's that show alot of Infomercials, not to mention, TV in general sucks in 2023 mainly because it's all 1 big giant reality show or singing competition clearly geared toward Gen Z and Millennials and this kind of programming doesn't resonate well with me.. I'd rather break out one of many TV Box sets I own and watch them over the crap we see on TV now.. BREAKING BAD is one I'm watching right now, plus, the cost of Cable TV when I had it was like $125.00 a Month and I never thought at 57 I'd be paying that kind of $$$$ to watch TV.. Not worth it..