5 Films from the 2000's that will be remembered 50 years from now (i.e. classics)

Tools    

From the 2000s, there are very few movies that will be called classics in 50 years time. Hardly any will stand the test of time compared to the real classics of the 1940s and 50s. But here's 5 I think will last:

1. LoTR trilogy. This is just epic. Gripping, fantastic acting and nice, natural-looking special effects as opposed to just churning out the CGI stuff that spoils films today
2. Gladiator.
3. 300
4. Saw
5. Ginger Snaps

Gladiator is already failing the test of time, at least among most people I know who take movies seriously. I'd bet crazy money against Saw holding up, unless by "classic" you mean "influential." You can make a pretty good case that it'll end up looking very influential.

Come on then 'smart' guys, let's see if you can do better.

I would throw in Children of Men

Definitely not 300, what a terrible movie. I would also have to disagree with Gladiator, Saw, and Ginger Snaps.

Welcome to the human race...
Come on then 'smart' guys, let's see if you can do better.
Children of Men
Memento
Amelie
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Lord of the Rings

Children of Men
Memento
Amelie
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Lord of the Rings
Well I already said LotR so I guess that's all I agree with. Memento? That was backwards (in more ways than one) and retarded. Weak script and acting, can't be on anyone's list. Children of Men was weak too, had a few entertaining moments, but not memorable.

I hate to say this, but I think the Oceans trilogy might be remembered. Simply, because, the actors involved. Much like the rat pack are remembered today.

Twilight
Twilight Eclipse
Twilight New Moon
Lost Boys 2
Last Airbender
If that's a serious list then you don't know movies.

I hate to say this, but I think the Oceans trilogy might be remembered. Simply, because, the actors involved. Much like the rat pack are remembered today.
I think you're right. First post I agree with. A good addition to my list.

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
Tooth Fairy
Command Performance
American Pie: American Wedding
Freddy Got Fingered
Out of Reach
you think freddy got fingered will be remembered that long? lmfao