Why Do You Post Here?

Tools    

He paid to hunt lions.
As a vegetarian, I'm never going to say it's okay to kill an animal. No matter how much you've paid.

As a vegetarian, I'm never going to say it's okay to kill an animal. No matter how much you've paid.
You can say what you like and think what you like, of course. But my point was how social media whips up mass hysteria.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups -- well, now they've been given a voice and have become a digital lynching mob. Scary!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You can say what you like and think what you like, of course. But my point was how social media whips up mass hysteria.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups -- well, now they've been given a voice and have become a digital lynching mob. Scary!

Urmmmm yep.

But the ultimate hypocrisy was how the barrage of insults and OTT outrage immediately stopped when it became widely known she was African American. Yup, conflicting PC.

What a crock of poop. You just make stuff up. And the irony...

Welcome to the human race...
I find your views most ironic in light of your chosen screen name. There is a happy medium. The PC crowd mouthing off all these “isms” constantly cheapens such to the extent that they become meaningless; cheapens the usage of “Islamophobia” in the context of the recent terror attack directed at Muslims in London in an apparent revenge strike. (In fact, "Islam hatred" would be more appropriate in this context.)
I feel like I should point out that Equilibrium's username is a reference to the Christian Bale movie of the same name (especially since that's Bale's character in their avatar). The plot's about a future cop who comes to the realisation that the government he works for is corrupt and oppressive so he starts to fight against it - any "happy medium" is hard-won by effort and sacrifice rather than by accepting a severely flawed status quo. Standard dystopian stuff, really, but not without merit.

Also, like Yoda (the character says), fear leads to anger and anger leads to hate, so it makes sense to view hatred of a group as a by-product of fear of said group.

Cyril the lion. What that hunter did was wrong. Just wrong.
There was an episode of Adam Ruins Everything all about animals. Here Adam explains how trophy hunting actually saves animals...

Now that the terrorist attacks thread is closed...
First they renamed it, to appease Liberals. Now they closed it.

In fairness, the old title was poorly-worded regardless of one's political affiliation. Could you even explain how you came to the conclusion that the only reason it was changed was to "appease liberals"?

There was an episode of Adam Ruins Everything all about animals. Here Adam explains how trophy hunting actually saves animals...

Lol cute. Who is Adam? The problem is the amount of corruption in a lot of African countries. It's truly staggering and permeates all levels of society. Probably works in Namibia but not much elsewhere. I've been on a (photo) safari in SA which was stunning. They let the animals die naturally though, we stumbled on a wounded young elephant whom the rangers said would die. They don't interfere even to save their lives. We saw every big animal except for giraffes. The scariest were the elephants ---- they are h-u-g-e....

In fairness, the old title was poorly-worded regardless of one's political affiliation. Could you even explain how you came to the conclusion that the only reason it was changed was to "appease liberals"?
Ashdoc also agreed with the change.

These accusations aren't ever based in anything. They're pure reflex.

His flimsy sense of rhetoric is such an unwavering constant that it's almost reassuring, like knowing that the sun is always going to rise.

Dude said "leftists" were the reason his YouTube video didn't play. At this point I just assume he calls his coffee table a liberal when he stubs his toe on it.

Sorry...had to re-post because some curse words.

It's so predictable that 99% of the people complaining about the overbearingness of PC are almost always hetero white males.
It never, ever, EVER fails.

Sorry...had to re-post because some curse words.

It's so predictable that 99% of the people complaining about the overbearingness of PC are almost always hetero white males.
It never, ever, EVER fails.

You seek to define political correctness as being synonymous with politeness. As Bill Maher, formerly of Politically Incorrect, defined it, it’s all about playing make believe. One is supposed to pretend that certain groups are not vastly disproportionately responsible for certain crimes and therefore people are not supposed to be unduly wary of them on pain of being accused of “profiling.” As a result, people die.

Once in my city, a group of black citizens were holding a protest about the sky high crime rates in their neighborhood and demanding action. A black activist reproached a black woman with: “Don’t you know what you are doing is going to bring police harassment of young black men?!” She retorted: “Who do you think is committing the crime? Little old white ladies in tennis shoes?”

PC kills, more often than not the very people it is supposed to benefit. Regarding terrorism, it is a threat to our very nation.

I have heard that before. I think it's wrong to take the life of an animal & my conscience won't let me say otherwise.

I have heard that before. I think it's wrong to take the life of an animal & my conscience won't let me say otherwise.
Yes, and I think the segment acknowledged that people don't like it, but as part of reality, it is a better system than allowing poachers to operate unhindered or land developers to drive species out of their habitats. Sometimes compromise is the only way to work toward solutions.

I'm an omnivore, btw. I also hate killing animals, but I do eat them (never had to kill one for my own personal sustenance though - I'd probably eat a lot less meat if I had to do the butchering myself). Someday I'll tell the story of when I worked in the restaurant and had to kill live lobsters by cutting them in half for our broiled seafood combo!

Yes, and I think the segment acknowledged that people don't like it, but as part of reality, it is a better system than allowing poachers to operate unhindered or land developers to drive species out of their habitats. Sometimes compromise is the only way to work toward solutions.

I'm an omnivore, btw. I also hate killing animals, but I do eat them (never had to kill one for my own personal sustenance though - I'd probably eat a lot less meat if I had to do the butchering myself). Someday I'll tell the story of when I worked in the restaurant and had to kill live lobsters by cutting them in half for our broiled seafood combo!
Though I cannot kill an animal myself, I accept that people need to kill animals to eat. All I ask is that the animal be humanely treated during its life & that its death be merciful. Factory farming & any mistreatment of animals is totally unjustifiable.

I definitely could not buy a live lobster & then throw it in boiling water. Was that legal to treat the lobsters in the way you describe?

That's just a lame excuse used by the cashed up thrill seeking tiny penis canned great white hunters. If they gave a crap about conservation they would donate the money. not slaughter animals for a freaking selfie. Seriously. The only approval I would give canned hunting is if they were only armed with a short stick.

And yeah, I bet wealthy Theunis Botha was crying 'I donated all the proceeds to the village for conservation purposes' when the elephant matriarch was shot and crushed him to death. Same for his business partner eaten by crocs. Sad not sad.

Though I cannot kill an animal myself, I accept that people need to kill animals to eat. All I ask is that the animal be humanely treated during its life & that its death be merciful. Factory farming & any mistreatment of animals is totally unjustifiable.

I definitely could not buy a live lobster & then throw it in boiling water. Was that legal to treat the lobsters in the way you describe?
I agree 100% with your first paragraph.

Yes, it was legal. For all I know, it's still happening. The restaurant had a seafood combo that featured a half lobster, shrimp, scallops and stuffed clams (we only had the boiled lobsters as an occasional "special", but the broiled seafood combo was a regular part of the menu - so the lobster cutting was a regular part of food prep).
The lobsters were cut in half fresh (live) and placed in a broiling pan with the shrimp, scallops & clams. I always remember the chef teaching me how to do it - to cut the lobster's top half first as a form of mercy (destroying the brain) before turning it and cutting the tail end. I couldn't do it at first and the other prep guys and cooks made fun of me for being squeamish. After a few times, it just became another chore in the kitchen.