Movie Tab

Tools    

Dr. Strangelove OR How I Lost Ninety Minutes of My Life Because This Film Is a Bomb

What makes me sad is that it was truly hilarious at times...but these times were few and far between. I honestly believe that if the film had tried to be funny the whole way through, I would've enjoyed it more. As it was, I was incredibly bored by the fact that every single scene seemed to drag. Many, for me, grew quite repetitive. I have fond memories of a few bits and pieces...if the rest of the film had been like those, I'd be singing a different tune.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

High Fidelity
"The geniuses behind this opus are over near the bar, they're under age, we're gonna lose our liquor license..."

Vertigo
"God have mercy. God have mercy."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Predator
"I ain't got time to bleed"
"You have time to duck?"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Ocean's 11, finally.

"I'm not joking, Tess."
"I'm not laughing, Danny."

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
Ocean's 11, finally.

"I'm not joking, Tess."
"I'm not laughing, Danny."
What did you think of that cut & paste ending? I liked it save for the ending and Julia. I swear, any woman could play her part...she's nuthin' special.

I watched some of Slackers last night. From what I saw...I chuckled a few times, but the humor is really sophmoric.

An Innocent Man (second time)
Not bad, but not too good either.

Hook
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"

Ocean's Eleven
"May as well call it white-jack..."

The Hard Word
"Seeing as you won't sell us your car, you'll just have to drive us to Sydney..."

I know this is a double post.
But this is a tab. Not a discussion.

So bite me and the horse I rode in on.

What did you think of that cut & paste ending? I liked it save for the ending and Julia. I swear, any woman could play her part...she's nuthin' special.
Now, how did I know you wouldn't like Julia in that film...

Seriously, though, I agree on this one. Just about any woman could have played that role, but she fit with the crowd in real life, so it makes sense that they would ask her first.

And the ending... well, it wasn't great, but it didn't bother me. A fluffy end to a fluffy flick, and it worked in that regard. And it gave us a cute little exchange between Rusty and Danny.

"I hope you were the groom."
"Ted Nugent called. He wants his shirt back."

The Gweat and Tewwible
Let's see...hmm...Ever since Summer vacation started this is all I have been doing.

Yesterday afternoon:
Wayne's World
"I mean, there are two Darren Stevens, right? Dick York and Dick Sargeant. Yeah, right, as if we wouldn't notice!"

Last Night:
The Producers
Anyone who does not think Gene Wilder was adorable, sexy, and brilliant in this movie sucks!
"I'm hysterical and I'm wet. I'm in pain and I'm wet and I'm still hysterical!"

2:00 Am:
The Bone Collector
Surprisingly good but very forgetable...

This morning:
Dancer, Texas Pop. 81
Cute, funny, sweet, yah....

The Gweat and Tewwible
Erm..double post.
I wanted to find out when Gene's birthday was. It is today! Happy Birthday Gene Wilder!!!