Spiderman 2 - The Amazing Spiderman

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
Just thought I'd make this thread so anyone with news can update it.

Appparantly the bad guy this time round will be 'Dock Ock' with 'the lizard' dr.conners also present.

Alfred Molina as Spider-Man's archenemy, "Doc Ock."
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	alfred1.jpg
Views:	1157
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	837  

Movie Explorer
That's what I was expecting. I was disappointed with the first one just because Dr. Octopus wasn't the bad guy in it. He's a classic villain that MUST be in a Spider Man movie without a doubt. I'm sure glad the second one decided to put him and The Lizard in it. That's a good move. Now I hope it won't be too late to put Mysterio in the third installment because how hard is it to have a guy run around in a green costume, purple cape and a fish bowl over his head?

Yeah but in reality I think they'll opt to put Carnage and Venom in the third to make it a bigger movie than the second, I want these characters (sooo much) but it's too early (well for comic readers anyway).

I agree Dock Ock will be fantastic in this one. I do hope he doesn't die or anything at the end as he is spiderman's arch enemy.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Green Goblin was THE arch enemy. Thats why he used him in the firstmovie. Back in the day whe I read the comics, no one was badder than the Green Goblin. Doc Ock is a very close second villian though. Are you sure they're adding the Lizard? I thought they scrapped that idea. Alas. I think you're right about Carnage and Venom though. That would make an awesome 3rd movie.

Dr Ock is his arch enemy !!!!! Green Goblin comes in second !!!

ha ha i think it comes down to a metter of opinion....
Attachments

Name:	ock.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	838  

Tha would be the case, given that GG hadn't killed Spidermans woman. But he did. GG also was close to Peter in some aspects. This made him a deeper, richer, and more personal villian than Doc Ock. But I can understand how you are of the opinion that Doc Ock is the arch baddie.

Movie Explorer
Venom and Carnage would make a Spider Man movie amazing no doubt. For those debating about Green Goblin, yes I know he was the arch villain and personal to Spider Man than the other villains but that still doesn't make me like him. The guy is considered a legend according to the Marvel Trading Cards of '91.
I just like Dr. Octopus better cause he has ARMS that can cause much more destruction than just a mad man with superior physical appearance wearing green armor and flying around on a glider throwing pumpkin bombs. I also happen to hate Hobgoblin. The thing is, these villains all have a connection to each other and in a way, offsprings too seeing how in the comics, Norman Osborn dies and Harry Osborn becomes the new Green Goblin and then the guy who finds the secret lair to the Green Goblin's costumes becomes the Hobgoblin who works with Jack O' Lantern only to end up fighting each other and then later on getting assassinated. Jack O' Lantern puts on the costume and becomes the new Hobgoblin who is permanently stuck with the new gimmick. He and Green Goblin have their fair share of battles and it stretches on. Anyway, the first movie wasn't bad, I just didn't like it as much as I should have.

According to AICN, the lizard, aka Curt Conners will be played by Dylan Baker.
Attachments

Name:	curtconnors.jpg
Views:	1333
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	908  

Also Donna Murphy is to be cast as Rosalie Octavius (mrs ock).
Attachments

Name:	msoctavius.jpg
Views:	1119
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	909  

Hi
I was constantly telling people how a Spiderman sequel would be amazing with Venom and Carnage, but the story would be too complex to tell..this including the whole spiderman with the symbiote/black costume phase, getting rid of it, it finding Eddie Brock and making Venom, some going to Cassidy making carnage etc.

They could make one just with Venom though, that would be nice and it wouldnt be as difficult as creating Carnage.

And what I was praying for was a Spiderman and Xmen team-up but i think different studios own their rights or something? I'm not sure about that.

This is amazing. I was going to post something to that effect last night, but for some reason I wasn't able to access the site.

Final word on Green Goblin. He was THE villian. Willem Dafoe is friggin awesome.

Are you sure they are doing the Lizard????

Yes the Lizard and Ock will be in the second film. Here's Dylan Baker (Lizard) and Tobey Maguire (Spiderman) pictured together.
Attachments

Name:	spidey-lizard.jpg
Views:	1408
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	918  

Dr Octo had a lot of assistants and in the recent film he has one. Does anyone have any info on this character in script or the comic books?

as a teenager, the thought of venom and carnage was phenomenal!! especially since arnold swarzenegger, however that is spelled, was rumored to play venom when james cameron wanted to do direct spiderman. but as an adult, and still very much a fan, i would be afraid that the movie would become too much a fantasy and a lot less convincing. going from comics to movies is very touchy, and no matter how much we would like, some lines are better not crossed so the quality of the movie isn't hindered.

well I would like to see venom and carnage Green Goblin is the best u cudnt do better ur selve

Is it just me or is Kirsten Dunst really hot?

She is very 'hot' my friend. (especially in all of those layers)

So clever. I didn't notice all of those layers until you pointed them out. Jeez!