World of Warcraft Movie

Tools    

Do you think there should be a World of Warcraft movie?
60.00%
12 votes
Yes
35.00%
7 votes
No
5.00%
1 votes
What is World of Warcraft?
20 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Beware The Probe!
I voted YES to a WoW movie although as much as a gamer I consider myself I've never played it.

The only MMORPG (Masively Multi-player Online Roll-Playing Game to you non-gamers) that's ever hooked me in completely is City of Heroes...

...but I've tried out Star Wars Galaxies and Guild Wars as well.

With the huge fan-base WoW has I'm sure any movie would be an instant hit. Hopefully we'll see this movie get made soon enough (they'd be stupid not to make one). I'm also waiting on the much-rumored City of Heroes movie to get started but I won't hold my breath for that one.

I voted YES to a WoW movie although as much as a gamer I consider myself I've never played it.

The only MMORPG (Masively Multi-player Online Roll-Playing Game to you non-gamers) that's ever hooked me in completely is City of Heroes...

...but I've tried out Star Wars Galaxies and Guild Wars as well.

With the huge fan-base WoW has I'm sure any movie would be an instant hit. Hopefully we'll see this movie get made soon enough (they'd be stupid not to make one). I'm also waiting on the much-rumored City of Heroes movie to get started but I won't hold my breath for that one.

Thank you Sci-Fi Guy, that was a very positive response. WoW does have a huge fan base so you know some of the demographic of the movie would be for WoW fans where currently there are over 10 million subscribers to the game (talk about a huge fan base). But they are still missing a director and until that happens we don't see where the movie is going. It's also still too early to make assumptions based on this movie in development that some already think it's no good just because of a record that some movie based games have of being considered horrible and unpolished.

Sci-Fi Guy what's your CoX handle? I consider myself an avid player myself but I always end up more focused on my Character's bio and costume and "kickass factor" than levelling constantly.

But I don't see a reason NOT to make a WoW movie and there's always a chance that it'll be a Ringsbeater (but I doubt it)

I say Yae!

Beware The Probe!
But they are still missing a director and until that happens we don't see where the movie is going. It's also still too early to make assumptions based on this movie in development that some already think it's no good just because of a record that some movie based games have of being considered horrible and unpolished.
As long as they don't hire Ewe Boll they should be fine.
He has a tendacy to completely ruin video game movies.

Sci-Fi Guy what's your CoX handle?
I have 3 mixed accounts all with CoH and CoV combined and go by the globals:
@UltraStar, @LordAnarch, and @Hyperstar.
I have toons on almost all the servers but I mostly play on Infinity and now Freedom.

My mains on Infinity are UltraStar (below) and both Amber De'Ville & Sexy SuperSquid (also below).

What's your global and main server on there?

lol why do guys keep calling it the WoW movie ?

That'd be original - but if they did : i'm sure it would most likely be a movie about the Warcraft universe.

I'm actually on Defiant and Union cause I'm Irish! My main's "Circadian", ampersand my global handle is @biographyman or @circadian. My bro's on Freedom (and the European servers too) with Circuleon, who just dinged 50!

Now a CoX movie would rocks. It'd rocks our CoX off.

Beware The Probe!
That'd be original - but if they did : i'm sure it would most likely be a movie about the Warcraft universe.
World of Warcraft is generally known as W.o.W. just as City of Heroes and City of Villains are called CoH, CoV or CoX combined.

I'm actually on Defiant and Union cause I'm Irish! My main's "Circadian", ampersand my global handle is @biographyman or @circadian. My bro's on Freedom (and the European servers too) with Circuleon, who just dinged 50!

Now a CoX movie would rocks. It'd rocks our CoX off.
Ahhh....
I'm not sure the European and North American servers can intermix, can they? Isn't there a Japanese one too?
I know in North America we have 11 servers to play with. Not sure about everywhere else.
Gratz to your bro for dinging 50 btw...
My 50s are all on Infinity but I have a lvl 39 emp/energy def (Ultima-)on Freedom who should be my first 50 on Freedom soon enough.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Sure why not.

I play WoW. I doubt I'd go watch a movie based on it though.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Am I right in saying there are no pre-established characters in WoW? I slightly recall some Prince or knight that turned into an undead king or summat.

Servers can't mix but I think there might be a transfer coming up soon.

We could just call it Warcraft because that's the name of the movie on IMDB. I don't know if it's the offical name but it might be a tenative title.

Beware The Probe!
Servers can't mix but I think there might be a transfer coming up soon.
They already began the server transfer capabilities in CoH, at least in North America (I believe it was with the issue-10 or 11 expansion) for a small fee ($10 bucks I think). I might move a couple to Freedom, not sure yet.

As for main established characters in WoW, I'm not sure myself but I would imagine they probably do just as CoH/V have Statesman and his group of heroes and Lord recluse and his gang.
I just noticed a WoW comic book in my local comic shop last night.

I just glanced at it but they would have to have some main characters in it unless they held contests for fan entries or something which the CoH comic had done before ("win an appearance in the comic book for your own hero").

At least there's Peter Jackson so now we have someone good for directing. I keep hearing about Uwe Boll and what movies has he directed like movies based off of games that were crappy?

Lost in never never land
At least there's Peter Jackson so now we have someone good for directing. I keep hearing about Uwe Boll and what movies has he directed like movies based off of games that were crappy?
If Uwe Boll directed it would be guarenteed to be failure. His adaptation of Alone in the Dark was one of the worst I have ever seen, and while Bloodrayne wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, it definitely is a very very poor film.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

How I wish it will be a good movie... Because I was disappointed at Final Fantasy the movie when it was released I'm hoping that it will be a good movie but it's not that good... I just hope it will be better than that...Follow the real stories....