33rd Hall of Fame

Tools    

God's Little Acre

Should I watch color or black-and-white?
Color? Is it on Youtube in that awful colorized shifting process where people go from color to gray then back to color again? I wouldn't watch that. Originally it's a black and white film. But do yourself a favor and don't listen to that stupid theme song during the credits when you see a creek, it sets the wrong tone for the movie. Worse is after a dramatic ending, that corn ball song plays again. Either way you'll love the movie, everyone else has

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Is @beelzebubble still in? It's been a month already and she hasn't reviewed anything and I know she dropped out of the Film Noir HoF IV. Anyone else dropping out? Let us know.
Can't speak for them but ya I doubt they would finish if they haven't even started at this point.

Ill try to watch 2 next weekend myself.

Can't speak for them but ya I doubt they would finish if they haven't even started at this point.

Ill try to watch 2 next weekend myself.
Myself, I'm not watching anymore of the noms tell I see people participating. I don't want to waste my time watching noms from people who drop out. I get that people might have to drop out sometimes, but geez let us know about it and not at the very end of the HoF.

Is @beelzebubble still in? It's been a month already and she hasn't reviewed anything and I know she dropped out of the Film Noir HoF IV. Anyone else dropping out? Let us know.
Also dropped out of the 32nd

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Myself, I'm not watching anymore of the noms tell I see people participating. I don't want to waste my time watching noms from people who drop out. I get that people might have to drop out sometimes, but geez let us know about it and not at the very end of the HoF.
That's why I've kind of wanted to do a "legends" Hall of Fame from all of us that have participated and are 100% committed. I get that this might be seen as non inclusive, but with the proper people invited we know 100% that we would all finish and that we would all be real genuine with our nominations.

Also dropped out of the 32nd
I just looked through the 32 HoF. So after two months of no reviews and no participation beelzebubble said she didn't have time to do the HoF. That's the same thing that happened in the Film Noir IV and now appears to be happening here too. That's a problem.

In the 30th HoF I had this rule which is fair to all, we should probably use this rule again.
Past HoF Dropouts: Are welcomed but if they haven't completed an HoF since last dropping out they will need to watch all the movies, write the reviews and send in a voting list before their movie is officially listed and required to be watched.

That's why I've kind of wanted to do a "legends" Hall of Fame from all of us that have participated and are 100% committed. I get that this might be seen as non inclusive, but with the proper people invited we know 100% that we would all finish and that we would all be real genuine with our nominations.
Totally fine and legit. JJ already did an invite only HoF with the Russian Language HoF he hosted, which worked fine. So if you want to do your idea, yeah go for it.

Guys, sorry, I'm dropping out, I don't like movies anymore. Have fun with yourselves. Peace out.

Ok! Ok! I will post something. I'm sorry. I've been busy at work which is where I post. I don't have a personal computer.

God's Little Acre (1958) i saw this year's ago. The only thing I remember is Robert Ryan digging up the yard in desperation. I didn't find it very memorable. \
Mona Lisa (1986) I saw this in a movie theater in 1986 or 87. Bob Hoskins is quite memorable as the ex-gangster. But I don't remember the story.
There Will Be Blood (2007) I only saw this once but remember it quite well. It is P.T. Anderson"s and Daniel Day Lewis's best movie. That crazy "I drink your milkshake" scene is unforgettable. Definitely in consideration for #1.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) Written and directed by John Huston and starring WalterHuston as the old prospector and Humphrey Bogart as "a fellow American down on his luck." Is possibly our winner here. What a great movie. We see the gold corrupt Bogart to the point he is willing to murder for it. This is one of those movies that is always a pleasure to watch no matter how often you see it.
A Man for All Seasons (1966) This was originally a London West End play starring Paul Scofield before it became a movie. It is the story of Sir Thomas More's attempt to serve both God and King by not giving his opinion on the King's divorce.. But King Henry V!!! will not allow it. He insists More must uphold the King's divorce and deny the Roman Catholic Church. So it is a movie about arguments and finagling.by a talented writer. I've seen this many times and never tire of it. Not for everyone, but a great film. So far it's a toss up between, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and A Man for All Seasons.

I forgot the opening line.
Beelzebubble having no linked reviews on the front page yet was my source of comfort.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Ok! Ok! I will post something. I'm sorry. I've been busy at work which is where I post. I don't have a personal computer.

God's Little Acre (1958) i saw this year's ago. The only thing I remember is Robert Ryan digging up the yard in desperation. I didn't find it very memorable. \
Mona Lisa (1986) I saw this in a movie theater in 1986 or 87. Bob Hoskins is quite memorable as the ex-gangster. But I don't remember the story.
There Will Be Blood (2007) I only saw this once but remember it quite well. It is P.T. Anderson"s and Daniel Day Lewis's best movie. That crazy "I drink your milkshake" scene is unforgettable. Definitely in consideration for #1.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) Written and directed by John Huston and starring WalterHuston as the old prospector and Humphrey Bogart as "a fellow American down on his luck." Is possibly our winner here. What a great movie. We see the gold corrupt Bogart to the point he is willing to murder for it. This is one of those movies that is always a pleasure to watch no matter how often you see it.
A Man for All Seasons (1966) This was originally a London West End play starring Paul Scofield before it became a movie. It is the story of Sir Thomas More's attempt to serve both God and King by not giving his opinion on the King's divorce.. But King Henry V!!! will not allow it. He insists More must uphold the King's divorce and deny the Roman Catholic Church. So it is a movie about arguments and finagling.by a talented writer. I've seen this many times and never tire of it. Not for everyone, but a great film. So far it's a toss up between, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and A Man for All Seasons.
I'm curious if you realize you're supposed to watch them again unless you just recently watched them.

Right. That is the point of these HOF's. That being said, I may not get to my last two movies. There Will Be Blood I last watched this past winter with my GF's son so I feel I have that watch in recent enough to give an accurate review. I'm really going to try and get to Shoplifters again but I'm dealing with some pretty heavy personal stuff that just sprouted up. There is still a month and a half to go so I'm hoping there will be a time I can watch something but right now...I don't know.

God's Little Acre

I believe that gif was posted before, but in a perfect world it would be on every page of the site. The movie was not as weird as I expected, more like a bit quirky. I haven't watched as many older films since we finished the decade countdowns, so just watching a black and white classic was a treat. It took some time getting used to this version of Robert Ryan after knowing him in very different roles, but I'm always happy to see him. Cool to see Buddy Hackett as well, but the star for me was Tina Louise. I knew the name but wasn't sure where I knew her from. After looking I see she was on Gilligan's Island which I've never seen. Oh so that's Ginger, yep now I understand why I hear that name. Was glad the whole movie didn't stay on the ranch and that it went towards melodrama. Not a great movie but I enjoyed watching it.

God's Little Acre

I believe that gif was posted before, but in a perfect world it would be on every page of the site. The movie was not as weird as I expected, more like a bit quirky. I haven't watched as many older films since we finished the decade countdowns, so just watching a black and white classic was a treat. It took some time getting used to this version of Robert Ryan after knowing him in very different roles, but I'm always happy to see him. Cool to see Buddy Hackett as well, but the star for me was Tina Louise. I knew the name but wasn't sure where I knew her from. After looking I see she was on Gilligan's Island which I've never seen. Oh so that's Ginger, yep now I understand why I hear that name. Was glad the whole movie didn't stay on the ranch and that it went towards melodrama. Not a great movie but I enjoyed watching it.

I'll take that as a positive review...You never seen Gilligan's Island, you need to rectify that! Tina Louise before she appeared on Gilligan's Island was so much more than just a curvy body, she was a very talented dramatic actress and appeared in a few choice 1950s movies before becoming typecast and having her film career ruined. The westerns: The Hangman (1959) and Day of the Outlaw (1959) are both good and Tina is good in them. I haven't seen her in much else though I'd like too. Anyway now you know the kind of movies I like

I'll take that as a positive review You never seen Gilligan's Island you need to rectify that Tina Louise before she appeared on Gilligan's Island was so much more than just a curvy body, she was a very talented dramatic actress and appeared in a few choice 1950s movies before becoming typecast and having her film career ruined. The westerns, The Hangman (1959) and Day of the Outlaw (1959) are both good and Tina is good in them. I haven't seen her in much else though I'd like too. Anyway know you now the kind of movies I like
Ahhhh yes, that's where I know her from. I nominated Day of the Outlaw for a 50's HoF.